Midweek Backing Track(s) - Your Choice 01.12.22

Alan L Cole

Friend of Leo's
Maybe post Song For My Father? =)
Hi Cliff. You emailed me regarding classic jazz backer tracks to augment the preponderance of Minor Blues backers awhile ago and said you'd send a list of jazz tracks you would like to see - you never did. I have no problem doing this but this does take work. I just found a backer for "My Father" but I'm going to have to record it in order to make it available for download. I know how to do this with my digital recorder but not with my DAW (Cakewalk) as I'm new to it - work in progress.

As an aside, my oldest son and my two grandsons (7mo old and 2yr old) had been sick and I went over to lend a hand awhile ago. The 7mo old then spent 3 days in the hospital with breathing trouble but was subsequently discharged - no COVID and now all well. I contracted what they had and it kicked my 'arse for the past two weeks. I'd been fully vaccinated against COVID to include the booster and I'm currently on antibiotics for resulting secondary issues and am getting better. My son has pulled my grandsons out of daycare due to COVID concerns and I'll be helping take care of them until, and if ever, things settle down - so my responses here my not always be timely in the interim. The good news is I've set up a lot of the backers (including my takes - which of course is important ;)) ahead of time and well into the future - so bear with me, but no interruptions to the MidWeeks should occur.

Really nice work on all the tracks by all so far!

ASATKat

Poster Extraordinaire
Hi Cliff. You emailed me regarding classic jazz backer tracks to augment the preponderance of Minor Blues backers awhile ago and said you'd send a list of jazz tracks you would like to see - you never did. I have no problem doing this but this does take work. I just found a backer for "My Father" but I'm going to have to record it in order to make it available for download. I know how to do this with my digital recorder but not with my DAW (Cakewalk) as I'm new to it - work in progress.

As an aside, my oldest son and my two grandsons (7mo old and 2yr old) had been sick and I went over to lend a hand awhile ago. The 7mo old then spent 3 days in the hospital with breathing trouble but was subsequently discharged - no COVID and now all well. I contracted what they had and it kicked my 'arse for the past two weeks. I'd been fully vaccinated against COVID to include the booster and I'm currently on antibiotics for resulting secondary issues and am getting better. My son has pulled my grandsons out of daycare due to COVID concerns and I'll be helping take care of them until, and if ever, things settle down - so my responses here my not always be timely in the interim. The good news is I've set up a lot of the backers (including my takes - which of course is important ;)) ahead of time and well into the future - so bear with me, but no interruptions to the MidWeeks should occur.

ASATKat

Poster Extraordinaire
HI Alan,
Take care of yourself, it's dangerous out there. My son is fully vaccinated and about six weeks ago he got covid as well as his girlfriend, probably due to the airline flights they took but who knows. My son says it was the sickest he's ever been but he's fine now.

As far as jazz backing tracks go I brought it up but I didn't push it, I don't want to be a pain. I could list a lot of tunes to play over that are good for this jam, one of the things I think is probably the most important is variety, the spice of life.

Take blues for example, there's 12 bar, 8 bar, 16 bar, 32 bar, even one 19 bar (Good Morning Little Schoolgirl). There is slow 12/8 time, straight 4/4 time, Rhumba blues, straight and swing, country, Chicago, Mempis, Oakland, jazz, blues/rock, LA fusion like Carlton and Robben, and lots more. I enjoy minor blues and we have been on a roll with it, I do love it but I myself am ready for some variety.

I'm happy to help with song names if I can. I am the worst with computers, I'm no help there.
I'm also fine with doing nothing and just being a jammer, It's all good.

Last edited:

Mikejazz

Tele-Meister

HI Alan,
Hope the family recovers soon, my son had Covid about a couple of weeks, but now he's fine. Damn disiese.
Following the conversation, if you want more backing tracks, I have loads of them, including some dozens of "now you shred" .
I can pack some batches and send by wetransfer, if you provide me an email.