Midweek Backing Track(s) - Your Choice 01.05.22

Alan L Cole

Friend of Leo's
@Raimonds (Xc) - Your guitar work fits the SCI-Fi/Fantasy BT nicely Raimonds.
(Vc) - Tight and in the groove with nice dynamics and phrasing Raimonds.
@TwoBear - I knew you were gonna cut loose starting at the 1:13 and I was right. (Nice outro too) Smokin'!
@NWinther (Helping...) - Nice tone and sway-to-the play Niels; (Diddy..) - Cool vibe with a little fun 'finding your way at times'; (Desert Mouse) - Cool title. A little squeak and some big roars.
@ASATKat - Cool and spacy Cliff.
@klasaine - Gots a country chicken-pickin' vibe Ken, with a Lasaine twist.
@Len058 - Nice clean-tone riffin' Len.

Last edited:

Alan L Cole

Friend of Leo's
Really nice Alan! In fact I'll say that that's the perfect guitar approach for this BT.
Thanks Ken. Some of these backers are very cool, like this one, IMO. It's fun to see how everyone interprets them. Thanks again.

Alan L Cole

Friend of Leo's
@fendrguitplayr - Nice chords, fun synth vamp for an overall cool factor.
@guitarsophist - I hear your playing with the changes GS - cool. Nice phrasing and tone.
@ASATKat - Very nice Cliff. Plutonian Blue ambience and super cool!
@chris m. - 'Just kinda jamming over it' works nicely Chris! Nice guitar tone, chords and emotive phrasing. The synth addition is cool too.

TwoBear

Friend of Leo's
Oh what the heck, here's #3:

Was it you that said you were going to take a little break and Wood shed?If so it’s showing, it sounds like you’re getting more experimental tone/note wise, and incorporating a lot more chord work also. Nice mellow use of multi string vibrato, wangbar? It really seems like everyone’s come leaps and bounds over the last couple months.

Alan L Cole

Friend of Leo's
Was it you that said you were going to take a little break and Wood shed?If so it’s showing, it sounds like you’re getting more experimental tone/note wise, and incorporating a lot more chord work also. Nice mellow use of multi string vibrato, wangbar? It really seems like everyone’s come leaps and bounds over the last couple months.

Thanks Lawrence.

No, it was Mjark who said he was taking some time for woodshedding.

Any experimentation tone/note wise and relaying more on chords were driven from my perspective from the vibe of the backing track. The perceived vibrato was the result of the reverb I used. I do use a very subtle wangbar technique that I like on some tracks though, but not here.

I don't know if you saw my response to your question about the recent ABB sounding backer track we used (it doesn't show any downloads on SoundCloud so I'm guessing not) but I think this is the link you were looking for:

Hope this helps.

guitarsophist

Tele-Afflicted
Silver Supporter
I hear your playing with the changes
I am slowly working my way out of the scale-wise playing I have been doing for years towards a more chord tone oriented approach. It still feels a bit unnatural, but I am making progress. As my brain shifts over, my fingers don't always follow. On that track, the A major and the Bb major chords (at least as I heard it) in the Dm context especially seemed to require going beyond the Dm scale. These backing tracks are certainly helping.

Of course, lots of great stuff is done with pentatonic blues boxes. Nothing wrong with that. I just felt like going in a different direction for a while.

Mjark

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
I am slowly working my way out of the scale-wise playing I have been doing for years towards a more chord tone oriented approach. It still feels a bit unnatural, but I am making progress. As my brain shifts over, my fingers don't always follow. On that track, the A major and the Bb major chords (at least as I heard it) in the Dm context especially seemed to require going beyond the Dm scale. These backing tracks are certainly helping.

Of course, lots of great stuff is done with pentatonic blues boxes. Nothing wrong with that. I just felt like going in a different direction for a while.

I'm learning that you have to change scales to cover the changes in this instance Dm Pent and A Harmonic Minor work well. Maybe I'm too literal minded but when I hear chord tones instead of scales...as if they aren't degrees of a scale! I'm not singling you out by the way, I see it phrased that way all the time.

Last edited: