Midweek Backing Track - Jazz Lounge

fendrguitplayr

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
Thank you for this, Mike. It's probably me, but there's a sound in the backer that's almost like a scratch in the vinyl! :D

I have a hearing impairment and don't hear the scratch but I do hear your nice (swell) intro and lavishly elegant riffage throughout. Nice!

xtelesquirex

Tele-Holic
Xtelesquierx came up with a really nice melody/hook that became a good platform for the rest. That's what I needed but just didn't have the creative juices flowing, I guess.
Thanks! I came up with the little hook on a synth-vibraphone. I doubled the line on guitar and the vibes got buried in the mix. I had ambitions of it being a sax or a rhodes instead, but best laid plans...

Your take is great. It's melodic and has a vocal/horn feel to it. Like you said, some of that smooth Santana tone on it too. Maybe not a hook per se, but there's a melody and it tells a story.

simoncroft

Tele-Holic
ASATKat, I did the following:
1) Used metronome to determine tempo as 79 bpm
2) Split backer stereo channels and inverted one channel to cancel original bass line - sometimes this doesn't work, but it did this time - original keyboard and percussion remained
3) Used BIAB to create additional drum track
4) Played new bass line on guitar
5) Pitch shifted bass line down one octave
6) Played solo
7) Mixed out original track for bass/(new) drums section partway in
8) Mixing, eq, reverb, etc.
Fun. Audacity program meets all my recording needs so far.

You did all that in Audacity? That is seriously impressive!

BTW, if you hanker after a Rhodes, you might want to look at the Jam Origin guitar-to-MIDI software: https://www.jamorigin.com

I've got really accurate tracking from it on a variety of guitars, and you can get whatever keyboard sound you want after that! I don't have the physical space for lots of keyboards, so plug-ins my way of accessing those classic keyboards.

Last edited:

ASATKat

Poster Extraordinaire
Thanks Mike.
A groovy track like that makes it easy to play!

@ASATKat ... love the Bobby Caldwell quote. It's one of my favorite songs. The amp chorus sounds great. What is it?
That's just the chorus offered on the front panel of my Katana, it is sweetly smooth and almost out of the way.

Last edited: