1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Midweek Backing Track (final of 2019)

Discussion in 'Twanger Central' started by fendrguitplayr, Dec 18, 2019.

1. ASATKat

ASATKat Friend of Leo's

BB, good choice, this bt is so close to The Thrill Is Gone, BB is a given.
    Soulful,

fendrguitplayr likes this.
  2. ASATKat

ASATKat Friend of Leo's

Interesting tone, do you have a pedal? I like the blues/jazz fusion.
    Urgently emotive, and the interesting cutoff ending lol.
    I liked it Mjark. Good job.

3. ASATKat

ASATKat Friend of Leo's

Cool rich reverb. Getting a bit Santana like there. He seems like a player you can identify with. Sounds like you're in your element.

Alan L Cole likes this.
  4. ASATKat

ASATKat Friend of Leo's

Nice simple tone, I like. That is a nice warm bridge pup 1+. Funky, emotive.

5. ASATKat

ASATKat Friend of Leo's

Blues on the edge. Nice bends and volume swells. I'm responding in real time here with your playing. Yea man, you're getting it done. Very sweet.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2019
    NWinther likes this.
  6. ASATKat

ASATKat Friend of Leo's

Hard to critique myself but I'll give it a try. My usual melodic/chord thing, tone is pretty good, a bit hollow sounding in the verb so that's a minor ding. My 2nd take had better tone and overall better playing, but maybe too much, this take was more trackable.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2019
  7. Mjark

Mjark Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Ha! A few. However I played this dead clean plugged right into the interface and added some plug in called Strat lead or something afterwards. A little reverb too.

8. Mjark

Kind of Kenny Burrell.

ASATKat likes this.
  9. Mjark

It sounds great. The pedal too! Nice loose feel.

NWinther likes this.
  10. ASATKat

ASATKat Friend of Leo's

11. guitarsophist

guitarsophist Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

It's actually a cheapo pickup, a GFS Vintage '59. It shines in this guitar. It has a trumpet-like quality when totally clean. Sometimes cheap pickups sound great, sometimes they don't. I have had other GFS stuff that I didn't like. But this one's a keeper. In this track I am playing through a Tonelib Fender Bassman sim, of all things. It gave the low strings a smooth clean sound and the treble strings a crunchy tone, for a nice contrast.

ASATKat likes this.
  12. fendrguitplayr

fendrguitplayr Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

I agree on the neck pup and yes, compression.

13. MrClint

MrClint Tele-Holic

I appreciate you sharing this backing track, it was a great exercise. Thanks for the listen and kind comment as well! Also, your track had some nice tone and phrasing that built an interesting amount of tension.

fendrguitplayr likes this.
  14. MrClint

MrClint Tele-Holic

Thanks for the comment! I liked the exploratory and jazzy nature of your track. Very interesting departure from the expected.

Alan L Cole likes this.
  15. MrClint

MrClint Tele-Holic

Thanks for the comment! I think my Epiphone Jumbo EJ200SCE can get pretty close to an arch top electric tone with the neck pickup (which is what I used here). With the two pickups it's a pretty flexible acoustic guitar.

Your track was very melodic with well placed pauses. Kudos to you for letting your 60 cycle hum hang out and dance around for a bit. :)

16. Hatfield92

Hatfield92 Tele-Holic

Not 100% happy with this, but I think it’s a pretty good vibe. I tried to slow down a little and make each note count more.

Tele, in the middle position (PAF neck pickup though), 6G2 amp, Clear Sky OD and a bit of TC Flashback delay. Via GarageBand for iPad.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2019
  17. Hatfield92

Hatfield92 Tele-Holic

@MrClint : seems like we were on a similar wavelength as far as how to approach this. The acoustic was a nice touch.

@fendrguitplayr: You really hit your stride at about the 48 second mark, and it’s a great ride the rest of the way. There’s a section where your attack sounds almost like someone popping an electric bass. Cool.

@Mjarkjeez, man. Get a noise gate lmao. Great tone though. Your playing here is outstanding. Oops, there’s one little bum note. I had several! Seriously though, great sounds. Your phrasing continues to be something I envy.

@estreetRaunchy tone! Works great here. Buncha licks I should cop. Love the wah

@Alan L ColeFirst of all, super tasty tone. Just more great, appropriate licks here. I’m gonna have to up my game!

@guitarsophistlots of style in this take. The guitar sounds like it’s dancing.

@NWintherbringing the blues! Working it. Singing tone. Very nice bends and vibrato.

@ASATKatdreamy tone. Gives it an entirely different feel from the previous efforts. I like it!

Alan L Cole, NWinther and MrClint like this.
  18. Mjark

I hate those things. The plug in did that. I didn't even use an amp, i added the dirt after I recorded. I forgot to trim it though.

- Leaving space is not easy. You did a nice job here.

Hatfield92 likes this.
  19. udoering

udoering Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Recorded it yesterday, finished today. A little pre xmas noodling:

20. udoering

udoering Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

@MrClint : maybe it´s pure imagination, but somehow just the sound of the acoustic seems to give the track a less melancholic vibe; good choice, and nicely played.
    @fendrguitplayr : lovely played blues with some great lines.
    @Mjark : I exspected a woody hollow body sound - well, I was surprised! Asides from exspectations, a beautifully played blues.
    @estreet : expressive, melodic playing with nice use of rythmically elements.
    @Alan L Cole : powerful sound combined with emotional playing; my personal favourite track from the recent past!
    @guitarsophist : very nice use of dynamics in your playing, enhances your expression.
    @NWinther : lovely guitar sound (you always dial in something good), swells and delay-gimmicks. Just a really good track. BTW, sun is just rising and the sky is intensively red - whatever that means.
    @ASATKat : at first I thought you´d walk the jazzy road, but the you took a different direction. A very special vibe.

MrClint, Alan L Cole and NWinther like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.