Middle and Neck PU recommendations for Nashville style tele w/PG in bridge

Discussion in 'Just Pickups' started by GhostofJohnToad, Jun 30, 2017.

1. GhostofJohnToad

GhostofJohnToad Tele-Afflicted

I have a Reverend Eastsider S that I really love. I want a little more from the pickups and I have a pretty good idea what I want to achieve just need some pickups that will pair well with the the Pearly Gates bridge I want to put in. Don't have the PG yet but want to take a risk on that one. I am real curious.
    • Like I mentioned I want to use the Pearly Gates Tele in the bridge. This is my starting point.
    • Neck and Middle pickups must be pretty quiet, or at least quieter than what's in the there currently.
    • I want really good cleans out of the middle and neck.
    • I don't mind if the Middle and neck are HBs. Not real keen on "noiseless" varieties. My experience with those is that they can be a bit sterile.
    • Must also be able to take dirt well and not get brittle or fizzy when pushed.
    Ultimately I want this guitar to rock a little harder than it currently does but also be good clean when I want to switch to different passages.

2. JL_LI

JL_LI Friend of Leo's

I have a 7 sound Am Standard Strat with Custom Shop Fat 50's. The middle PU is very quiet. The bridge and neck are less quiet but not really objectionable. The bridge or neck with the middle are nearly silent. I use the middle alone and the bridge and middle together for finger style. I use my Tele when I need the best possible bridge PU or bridge and neck combined sounds. I love the Gen 4 noiseless pickups I used to upgraded my Tele. Play an Am Elite Tele before you rule them out. They sound nothing like other noiseless Tele pickups.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.