1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Microphonic Bridge Pickup

Discussion in 'Just Pickups' started by fasteddie42, Mar 8, 2021.

1. fasteddie42

fasteddie42 Tele-Afflicted

My classic vibes custom telecaster's bridge pickup is microphonic (at least I think that's what it is), pretty sure it's been that way since day one.

I've grown to of love all the extra sound and noise it picks up. For example, knocking any where on the body and or tapping anything metal is audible through the amp. It picks up the mechanical attack from hitting strings. I swear it accentuates chicken picking and twangy licks.

I routinely play it through a PRRI around 8 and haven't had any issues with squeals or feedback.

anyone else have a positive experiences with a microphonic pickup?

uriah1 likes this.
  2. Southpaw Tele

Southpaw Tele Friend of Leo's

A Jazzmaster I’ve since sold off had the Fender Pure Vintage pickups in them, which were microphonic. I could sing into them. I didn’t mind them, but sold it off and put some Rose Picasso WRHBs in my second JM.

3. sluglas

sluglas Tele-Meister

I put a pair of SD Seth Lover humbuckers in my Mako TL-2 Les Paul. Seth Lover's are built to exact specs as a gibson 59 humbucker so they aren't wax potted and are microphonic. They sound fantastic.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.