1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Micro-Frets Body Template

Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by yepyep, Oct 6, 2018.

1. yepyep

yepyep TDPRI Member

I have been lurking on this forum for a looonnggg time. Went through a bunch of great build threads before and after photobucket and really appreciate the great resource this community is. I finally put forth the small effort to create an account to actually participate as I start to delve into bigger and more ambitious builds.

Anyhow, I just lucked into a couple of NOS Micro-Frets necks for $20 each and would like to build an appropriate body.

I figure if something as arcane as a Burns Steer can get some help, perhaps a Micro-Frets isn't out of the realm of possibility. I am partial to the Plainsman, but any model would suffice. I may be leaning towards a Danelectroish body construction, but haven't ruled out a solid body. A hollowbody is out of my reach at the moment. The fretboards haven't been cut for the intonated nut yet, so I will be keeping things pretty basic in terms of hardware. Thanks for any help!

bottlenecker, matmosphere and chauncy like this.
  2. chauncy

chauncy Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

Super Cool.

3. jayyj

jayyj Tele-Afflicted

Sounds like a great idea for a project!

That should be a relatively easy project to make in a Danelectro style. You can easily cut an F hole into a Dano style build - someone on here's just done one - so recreating the look of a Microfrets body should be easy enough. The originals are just Rickenbacker/Tele thinline style chambered body, aren't they? If you don't want to do heavy duty routing then an easy way to make that sort of guitar is to cut out a frame of a fairly soft wood like poplar then glue a plywood top and back onto it.

yepyep and crazydave911 like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.