Michelle Phillips a tribute slideshow wirh music

max_twang

Tele-Afflicted
When I lived in NYC, I was late to meet some friends on the upper West side for a movie. I was running west on 59th street past the Plaza Hotel and ran smack into a woman who was coming out of one of the bars. Nearly knocked her over. It was Michelle Phillips. Yes, she was very pretty!

Mark Davis

Telefied
Ad Free Member
I think she was one of the trend setters in fashion and that hippie look.

Straight hair no makeup jeans and no shoes. Thats how she looked in the early 60's when John Phillips met her.

bunny 7

Tele-Holic
The Mamas & Papas was the first concert I ever went to back in '66. I think there were 15 opening acts. It was a good show tho. Always have been one of my favorite groups.
Good stuff, thanks for posting that.

Telemarkman

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
Aahh, most beautiful girl in the world of pop music!:cool:

I also really dig The Mamas & The Papas. "California Dreamin"' and "Dedicated to the One I love" are two of the greatest pop songs ever!

Mark Davis

Telefied
Ad Free Member
She was married to Dennis Hopper for 8 days.

Hopper later said in an interview those were the best and worst 8 days of my life. LOL

Telemarkman

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
DrumBob said:
Maybe you guys could learn to spell it right?

Mamas & Papas.

As long as Wikipedia doesn't know how to spell it right, I will never learn it I guess ... :D:lol:

"The Mamas & the Papas (credited as The Mama's and the Papa's on the debut album cover and sometimes shortened to Mamas & Papas) were an American/Canadian vocal group (Denny Doherty was from Canada) who came to prominence in the 1960s. The group recorded and performed from 1965 to 1968 with a short reunion in 1971, releasing six albums and 11 Top 40 hit singles. They have sold nearly 40 million records worldwide."