Miata Day 2022

red57strat

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
I think we spoke! I was asking you about the full tonneau near the end of the show. You showed me where the pins went.
I'm a skinny guy about 5'9" with long hair.

Did you say that you didn't know if your car had holes in the dash for the pins and I said they all did and had black plastic caps in the holes? Also, did I show you the snaps under the mirror bases?

Last edited:

Chuckster

Tele-Afflicted
Silver Supporter
I'm a skinny guy about 5'9" with long hair.

Did you say that you didn't know if your car had holes in the dash for the pins and I said they all did and had black plastic caps in the holes? Also, did I show you the snaps under the mirror bases?
Yup, that was me... I was wearing a black MXR hat and a black striped t-shirt.

Small world!

Last edited:

mad dog

Friend of Leo's
I always dug the look of Miatas. With the NDs on the scene, I got a lot more curious. Now spending quality time with this 2021 GTRF. Such a comfortable, capable little ride:

IMG_0063.jpg

Cyberi4n

Tele-Afflicted
I had a MK2 MX5 (Miata) for four years, from 2004 to 2008. First one with the fixed headlights, but before the VVC engines came in. Mine was an 1.8, and by the end she had a full white dial kit, instrument rings, big red start button, chrome filler cap, mohair roof, sports clutch and 16” sports alloys. 104,000 miles on the original exhaust and she was still going strong. Stupidly thought I forgot to clean out the sill drain holes one year, resulting in sill rot. In hindsight I should have fixed her up, but instead got rid. Stupid decision. The car went round corners like she was on rails. A hoot to drive

marshman

Poster Extraordinaire
My dad bought my mum a brand new Miata back in 1989 (to replace her aged 1968MGB, he got tired of wondering if she was going to make it home) and my sister still has that car. I've probably put 10K of the 100-ish on that car.

At 6'2" it's a bear to get in and out of when the top is up, but when the top is down, the road is curvy and the sun is out, it is a sublime ride.

kuch

Tele-Afflicted
Standard response to that is, "I'd rather drive a car that attracts women than one that attracts men."

So, in your opinion, women prefer a Miata over a Porsche 911 or a Corvette.
Hmmm.....

buster poser said:
Great simple cars, as iconic as the 911 or Corvette.

kuch said:
I really don't think so. but everyone is entitled to their opinions.....

And my opinion is that you are wrong on both counts.

only my opinion again, but you're dead wrong on this one....Iconic???

CharlieO

Friend of Leo's
Ad Free Member
So, in your opinion, women prefer a Miata over a Porsche 911 or a Corvette.
Hmmm.....

buster poser said:
Great simple cars, as iconic as the 911 or Corvette.

kuch said:
I really don't think so. but everyone is entitled to their opinions.....

only my opinion again, but you're dead wrong on this one....Iconic???
Yes. ICONIC. The Miata is the most-raced car in North America, for many good reasons. Real men understand that. And real men also understand that most intelligent women prefer a Miata over a Corvette or a Porsche. Women recognize the inadequacies of guys who think that they are impressed by Corvettes and Porsches. And they like guys who drive cars that they like. Ask me how I know this.

Last edited:

buster poser

Poster Extraordinaire
Yes. ICONIC. The Miata is the most-raced car in North America, for many good reasons. Real men understand that. And real men also understand that most intelligent women prefer a Miata over a Corvette or a Porsche. They recognize the inadequacies of guys who think that they are impressed by Corvettes and Porsches. And they like guys who drive cars that they like. Ask me how I know this.
Easy now, I love Corvettes and Porsches (and own a 911), precisely because of motorsports. Couldn't care less about whether they impress women and feel bad for men who view cars in those terms. I mean it as a tremendous compliment to put the Miata in their category, but it quantifiably deserves to be held in the same regard.

I shot a couple of Spec Miata events. That is a tough sport, makes NASCAR look low contact, you can see battle damage here:

1657731222900.png
1657731118314.png

1657731388303.png

1657731153879.png

kuch

Tele-Afflicted
but we alll know deep down every guy who drives a miata wishes he owned the porsche that just drove by.... my $.02

charlie 0 said:
Women recognize the inadequacies of guys who think that they are impressed by Corvettes and Porsches. And they like guys who drive cars that they like. Ask me how I know this.

I own a 911 and I'm not interested in what other people think but I'm not trying to impress anyone. I just love my car.

Last edited:

boris bubbanov

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
My son is 6' 3" and his ass spends more miles in that driver's seat than mine. They make a modified seat mount for you giraffes ;)
Some 6 three guys yes and some no. We can get some guys into our NB that cannot fit into the S-2000 (at least not without a custom seat). But we have a second problem and that is, these kids with their size 13 and 14 shoes - it is touch and go even with custom footwear. I've had to get down headfirst into the footwell to do some maintenance on the S-2000 and even with the seat out, it is darned claustrophobic. Not a fraction of an inch to spare down in there.

Last edited: