1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

MHP Fairlane Mod - An Oldie But Goodie

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by JoeNeri, Apr 25, 2020.

1. JoeNeri

JoeNeri Friend of Leo's

I was one of the first to have my DS-1 modded with the Machine Head Pedals (11 Gauge) Fairlane mod back in 2011. Over the years, I've experimented with many of the DS-1 mods out there in pedal land. Didn't care for the Keeley mod. Very much liked the Indyguitarist (Wampler) vintage mod.

But the Fairlane mod is still my favorite. Kind of a blend between the DS-1 and the Distortion+, with some additional tonal enhancements.

2. RetroTeleRod

RetroTeleRod Poster Extraordinaire

Keith is a great guy to deal with. I'm so appreciative of the knowledge he shares with all of us on this forum!

3. cousinpaul

cousinpaul Friend of Leo's

I've had my Fairlane Mod DS-1 for ten years or so. It remains a favorite and I prefer it's gain tones over klon type pedals while the tone control makes it more versatile than the Dist+/ OD250 variants I've tried. Can't understand why this one never caught on. The Outlaw Mod DS-1 is another great pedal. I've also been rocking a 98 Degrees and at some point hoping to get my hands on a Raw.

BTW, the Wampler Vintage mod was one of the first I attempted. That sucker had a lot of chime!

RetroTeleRod and JoeNeri like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.