Meteora Parallel Universe Redesign

h34vy d1st0rt10n

TDPRI Member
meteora-full-details.png

I am thinking about this two tele bridge pickup equipped, meteora body, with aluminium pickguard. I modified pickguard shape to align with bridge pickup poles. Therefore a sawed off compensated saddle, non-ashtray telecadter bridge needed, gotoh or wilkinson. The bridge will be pitch black anodized. Maple neck, with Yamaha like headstock that is reversed. The tuners actually looks almost like this in front view, riot tuners. Colours are final, black and gray.
Project name: Metalmaster :)

h34vy d1st0rt10n

TDPRI Member
In a parallel universe, my pickups would be parallel, rather than having one slightly cocked :)

Looks like two bridge pickups?

Yes, in the neck position is another tcaster bridge pup. Both are angled, the bridge position is traditionally angled. The one at the neck needs few degrees more slant to align the six polepieces of the pickup with centre of the six strings.
A tele bridge pickup cannot be parallel with the bridge saddles because of its size, polepieces would overhang both sides and not pickipng up lowE and highE string signals. Also every pole would be misaligned inbetween.

h34vy d1st0rt10n

TDPRI Member
It is he says, I would use the Wilkinson short Tele bridge. Dual load and allows more freedom on your pickguard ;)

That not fit the design, the short bridge. It is a regular bridge sawed off, but black anodized. It will "disappear" morphing into the black polyurethane finish of the body. All left visible is the pickguard against the body from a distance, more-or-less.
I did a quick blackening of the bridge, with black screws.

upload_2021-10-22_15-29-6.png

h34vy d1st0rt10n

TDPRI Member
If you're going to make the neck, why trap yourself in the traditional heel shape? Go custom, or go home ;)

[Australian accent] Sorry for the crudeness of the model...I didn't have time to build it to scale or paint it.
Yep, the dusty end (of the neck). The pickup cavity is bigger than you may think, neck loke that would not fit like this.

crazydave911

Doctor of Teleocity
That not fit the design, the short bridge. It is a regular bridge sawed off, but black anodized. It will "disappear" morphing into the black polyurethane finish of the body. All left visible is the pickguard against the body from a distance, more-or-less.
I did a quick blackening of the bridge, with black screws.

View attachment 912007
The Wilky bridge is available in black