Metal Electroform Stickers

Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by mPacT, May 2, 2016.

1. Jfellows

Jfellows Tele-Afflicted

And of course, right after I posted the above, I checked my email and got a message from them with a tracking number, so maybe it's coming soon!

lbridenstine likes this.
  2. mPacT

mPacT Tele-Holic

I have been Skyping with them this evening. They also offered to fix the mistake in the sheet I ordered but "suggested" sending it with my next order. I think it is merely an attempt to minimize their loss, (of course.) I think, had I told them to remake and send it for free they would. I asked them about your issue and they said your product was sent out.
    As it happens, I made a mistake on the design sheet and decided to change the little three dot symbol to a solid design. I also decided to order a sheet of the black nickel. So I asked them to remake the chrome sheet with the new design for free and I would pay for the new black nickel based on the new design and shipping. They agreed. BTW, black nickel is $25 for an A4 sized sheet.

3. mPacT

mPacT Tele-Holic

I pressed the company to respond to the question "Do we have to pay for shipping if you make a mistake and have to remake? The sales person said "No. We will send no problem."
    That doesn't mean they won't try to get you to just add it to another order, lol. I suggested they take a picture before shipping so the customer can approve first and they liked the idea.
    Jonathan, please keep us posted on your experience.

4. Jfellows

Jfellows Tele-Afflicted

Thanks for asking about it for me! I hope it shows up. I don't really need it anytime soon, but I just want what I paid for. I'll let you know how it turns out.

5. Jfellows

Jfellows Tele-Afflicted

Of course I just ran the tracking # they gave me, and it is for a package going from Hong Kong to Finland. They aren't in Hong Kong and I'm not in Finland... So another email sent. We'll see.

6. barbrainy

barbrainy RIP

The listing is confusing as far as colours go. In the text description they list only "Bright silver,gold,or electroform black" but then list a load of thumbnails in a "color list" at the bottom of the page, which includes exciting stuff likes multiple colours and chromatic.

I just emailed them..... I'm also a bit wary as they have made mistakes with both Mike and Jonathan....

7. mPacT

mPacT Tele-Holic

I don't blame you! I would Skype them. If you need the contact, pm me.
    I told them that they got it wrong with your tracking number and their actions are being closely watched by several potential customers.

8. mPacT

mPacT Tele-Holic

To be fair, the file I sent could have lead to the issue with my order. How they handle it is what I'm watching closely.
    I originally ordered through another portal and didn't see their website until after. That site listed only three colors, so I was surprised to see the sample sheet they sent me. Especially the copper tone. I would send them the design and tell them the color(s) you want and get a quote like that.
    The good thing about all this is they take Paypal so you can dispute and get your money back if there are problems. They seem to want to work very hard to keep the potential business. . . Seem.

Last edited: May 4, 2016
  9. barbrainy

barbrainy RIP

I'm quite excited about the other options, I would love to be able to do stickers with two tones. I am particularly drawn to the 'glossy and matte chrome'. They clearly show examples of stickers using the range of options, so I am hopeful that my dreams will come true....

10. Jfellows

Jfellows Tele-Afflicted

The plot thickens a little bit... I got a reply to my email about the tracking # being wrong, and said she was sorry, and had given me another customer's tracking by mistake, and that my replacement sheet did in fact ship via post, which would be slow, and she would check and see if she could get a tracking # for it. Then she asked me how far I was from my friend Michael, and wondered if she could just send my parts with your order. Which has me all confused because 1> if mine already shipped, how could she send it with Mike's order? and 2> Didn't you already receive your order Mike? What's to ship?

I see you're only in Burbank, if you do have something coming and she could ship mine along with, I'd gladly send you the postage to send it up to me here. I'm not in a rush.

Anyhow, just to share the positive side, I really love these things -- Here's the latest one I have underway using them - this is just getting clear coats on it now.

[​IMG]

And this is the first one I did with them:

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 4, 2016
    Doubletriode, bloomz and lbridenstine like this.
  11. mPacT

mPacT Tele-Holic

Just for you Brainy. They sent me a two tone sample as well.

IMG_4662.jpg

12. mPacT

mPacT Tele-Holic

Tell her it is okay. I just told her it was okay to send it with my order. (I just placed a second order this evening along with the fix to my first sheet.) PM me your address and I will send them your way as soon as I receive it.

13. Jfellows

Jfellows Tele-Afflicted

Done, and PM sent. Thank you sir.

mPacT likes this.
  14. barbrainy

barbrainy RIP

I'm glad you showed me that. I don't like it! The texture of the matte portion is not what I was hoping for.... Did they send you any that are more than one colour? The website lists that as a possibility...

15. mPacT

mPacT Tele-Holic

They sent me three examples of the glossy matte. Here is another one with more even "matting."

IMG_4663.jpg

Here is the only color example I have. I missed it at first because the background color is very close to the tape used on the stickers. However in examining it very closely, it is obvious the background rectangle is part of the sticker. Sorry for the blurriness.

IMG_4665.jpg

16. barbrainy

barbrainy RIP

Oh, that matting is much nicer! Its finer, I didn't like the hashing on the first one.

I'm excited about these! I'm hoping to either get sheets of silver, black and rose gold in matte/gloss or some with two colours, so I could still have a black outline on font with silver etc full.

17. mPacT

mPacT Tele-Holic

I would be VERY clear in both description and example as I believe the language barrier may be far greater than I originally thought. For instance, a color mock-up wouldn't hurt unless it is obvious within your design sheet.

18. barbrainy

barbrainy RIP

That's exactly what I was thinking of doing. Making it as visual as possible, minimising written description.

mPacT likes this.
  19. Logikal

Logikal TDPRI Member

20. jvin248

jvin248 Poster Extraordinaire

Nice looking prints! Do they do water slide or only adhesive stickers?

Since not everyone has access to Adobe Illustrator, a free open source alternative is Inkscape.
    Inkscape runs locally on your computer where Illustrator is doing cloud options with associated issues and costs.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.