Metal Amp Corners for Bottom of DRRI Cabinet.

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by alnico357, Mar 23, 2021.

1. alnico357

alnico357 Tele-Afflicted

I am not finding any amp corners that specifically state they will fit the bottom of the DRRI cabinet. Any info to share? Thanks!

2. Ringo

Ringo Poster Extraordinaire

The 2 screw corners with a lip as used on the bigger Fender amps will work, I've used them on a Deluxe Reverb.
    Originally the DR amps didn't come with amp corners.

3. alnico357

alnico357 Tele-Afflicted

I see that the rubber feet would need to be re-positioned. I replaced the metal glides with rubber feet on my amp.

4. uriah1

uriah1 Telefied Gold Supporter

Seems like they would fit most..with a hammer.

Attached Files:

5. SoK66

SoK66 Tele-Afflicted

Fender used to sell these as an accessory. Not as easy to install as they might seem, particularly with the baffle installed. Squaring them up and seating with a plastic hammer worked for me on a PR cabinet. Very common for the corners to get frayed on vintage and reissue DRs.

6. Peegoo

Peegoo Poster Extraordinaire

I use the two-hole type with the flat front. The screw for the rubber foot goes through the hole in the bottom of the metal corner:

[​IMG]

You can use the type with the hook that rolls over the corner on the front, but those will not work on the back because rear panel is flush with the edge of the cabinet. This type:

[​IMG]

7. alnico357

alnico357 Tele-Afflicted

8. Willie Johnson

Willie Johnson Tele-Afflicted

My local shop sells these--Fender original parts. I put some from a 90's solid state Ulta Chorus onto a blonde Super Champ X2 and it looked class--sturdier and high up enough to clear the handle when stacked on top of another Fender combo amp.

9. Bob Arbogast

Bob Arbogast Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Funny . . . my DR clone has no corner protectors, like the originals. And the cabinet I have coming for my new Allen Amps Sweet Spot also will have no corner protectors, at my request. I like the bare look better. And I have no problem if my amps show wear and tear--as long as they are functionally solid.

Different strokes . . .

10. Peegoo

Peegoo Poster Extraordinaire

The originals from the 60s didn't come from the factory with corner protectors. They were add-ons, and players that dragged their amps around quickly saw the utility of slapping 'em on. Some players also added them to the top rear of their amps, because if they had no tilt-back legs installed, they would lean their amp at an angle against a wall or other solid item. It prevented the top corners from wearing through the Tolex.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.