Message from Budz Pickups

blues

Tele-Holic
Silver Supporter
I have been talking with Dave on and off over the past year. He is retiring from
selling his pickups through his website or to the public. The website is in the process of
being removed.

I think he may have been having a hard time to find the words. I told him I would pass the message.
He wanted to express his deepest gratitude to everyone who has supported him over the years.

If you have an order in process you will get your pickups asap.

63 vibroverb

Tele-Afflicted
Fond farewell to Dave - I’ve used his Pure Bred bridge pickups in a couple builds and they were excellent. Always a gentleman thru emails too.

monkeybanana

Tele-Afflicted
I don't know much about Budz but I've been using a set in a Tele for two years. It's the one with the tall bobbin (magnets really) for the neck and I love 'em.

schultzville

NEW MEMBER!
Thanks so much for posting this info. I got a wonderful "Danocaster" lo-wind set early on in the Pandemic; they had to get sent to Germany. Took a long time to arrive, but along the way Dave's communication was great, and deciding on the 'recipe' he was totally cool and helpful. I was trying to get in touch to order a different set- his work is/ was fantastic.

8bitlooper

TDPRI Member
Missed this thread until just now. I have had several Budz winds over the years and they were always amazing and his customer service was top notch. Sad to hear he is hanging it up, but wish him the best!

monkeybanana

Tele-Afflicted
Missed this thread until just now. I have had several Budz winds over the years and they were always amazing and his customer service was top notch. Sad to hear he is hanging it up, but wish him the best!
He is not stopping just focusing on pickups for a few builders that keep him busy enough.

telenacious

TDPRI Member
…I have Budz pickups in three guitars and recently picked up a set of his P-90’s for a future build….classy dude who winds my faves…best of luck to him moving forward….

wdbmusic

TDPRI Member
Sorry to hear this.. I was just too late to place an order, the website had closed to orders and my emails weren't getting through. Frustrating as those Pure Breds were 'THE' tone I was looking for.. 😕.. all the best to you Dave ..👍