Mesa Boogie leather corners

Diverted

Tele-Holic
Don't know how many people know about them, so just wanted to give a shout out to Mesa Boogie for selling awesome leather corners on their website. I had been looking for a source for them for some time before I found these last week. I know there are tutorials online for making your own corners. But with Mesa selling them for 35 cents each (!!!) why bother? They come in tan, brown and black.
I installed these yesterday on a little reverb amp I'm building and they look fabulous. Soak them in water for 10-15 minutes to get them pliable, and then stretch and tack them in. There are gaps between the leather and the cab left over (see first pic), but as the leather dries it contracts. They are now sitting tight and solid against the cabinet (second pic).
I love them! Hope this info can be of use to someone who is looking for leather corners.
IMG_4088.jpg
IMG_1121.JPG

James Knox

Tele-Afflicted
Don't know how many people know about them, so just wanted to give a shout out to Mesa Boogie for selling awesome leather corners on their website. I had been looking for a source for them for some time before I found these last week. I know there are tutorials online for making your own corners. But with Mesa selling them for 35 cents each (!!!) why bother? They come in tan, brown and black.
I installed these yesterday on a little reverb amp I'm building and they look fabulous. Soak them in water for 10-15 minutes to get them pliable, and then stretch and tack them in. There are gaps between the leather and the cab left over (see first pic), but as the leather dries it contracts. They are now sitting tight and solid against the cabinet (second pic).
I love them! Hope this info can be of use to someone who is looking for leather corners. View attachment 784202 View attachment 784203
Those look great - thanks for the tip

Diverted

Tele-Holic
And also nice/neat covering job, @Diverted ! :cool::cool::cool:

-tbln.

Thank you!

One other thing I forgot to add: You can buy tacks at Mesa Boogie too (35 cents each also) But I used cut tacks, 3/4" long, at Ace Hardware, something like five bucks for 100 of them. They're great and don't require pre-drilling. I also like the slightly rough head shape.

RollingBender

Tele-Afflicted
Vendor Member
Just placed my order. I tried making my own but the leather stock I have laying around is not the right thickness. Plus...I could never make them for $0.35/ea.