Mesa Boogie Amp Club

gridlock

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
I couldn’t locate an existing club for my new-to-me 1985 Mesa Mark III (black dot/black stripe) or even a general Mesa Boogie Amp Club, so I started this one.

I’ve owned quite a few Mesa’s over the years, but have been without a Mesa for a couple years. My first Mesa was an early Studio 22. I’ve since owned a DC3, two Mark I RI’s, an Express 50, two Mark IIB’s, a Lonestar, and two Mark III’s.

Ive always wanted to own a vintage Mesa Mark I, a Kingsnake, and a Mark V, but never found one at a price that I was willing to pay.

The Mark series Mesa’s have always been my favorite. I picked up this near mint condition 1985 Mark III a couple of weeks ago in a multi-gear trade. It took awhile to get tones from the amp that I really liked, but now I’m really happy with the cleans and with the cleans using an OD pedal. I’m still not using the Rhythm or Lead channels because I’m not satisfied with the tones. I’ll take the amp to my tech soon to have a check up.

This amp is pretty much loaded with most options except for an onboard EQ and the high-end cab. It’s a Simul-Class amp with Reverb and an EVM-12L, and maybe the 105 transformer (under investigation). The amp must weigh close to 90 Lbs.

423362F9-9AE4-4E5E-93B0-7C6E5D7537DC.jpeg

C5924485-CF5E-47D8-AD42-18A7E5AFE6DC.jpeg

Last edited:

stratoman1

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
Here's my Recto 25/10. Took a little dialing in, my first Mesa, a 7 band eq and a volume pedal but don't let the size or wattage rating fool you. This is a loud little beast

Attachments

• 20220106_205112.jpg
    20220106_205112.jpg
    219 KB · Views: 18

Dik Ellis

Tele-Holic
Mine is a 1980 Mark II B+. It was 60/100w, but I had it SimulClassed by Mr. Mike Bendinelli. Now its 15w Class A and 60w Class AB, with an EV spreaker, and a Cannabis Rex speaker cab for the 60w setting.
IMG_1421 (2).JPG
It's been my go to amp for more than 40 Years. I pretty much us the 15w setting all the time. I

tlp123

Tele-Meister
I couldn’t locate an existing club for my new-to-me 1985 Mesa Mark III (black dot/black stripe) or even a general Mesa Boogie Amp Club, so I started this one.

I’ve owned quite a few Mesa’s over the years, but have been without a Mesa for a couple years. My first Mesa was an early Studio 22. I’ve since owned a DC3, two Mark I RI’s, an Express 50, two Mark IIB’s, a Lonestar, and two Mark III’s.

Ive always wanted to own a vintage Mesa Mark I, a Kingsnake, and a Mark V, but never found one at a price that I was willing to pay.

The Mark series Mesa’s have always been my favorite. I picked up this near mint condition 1985 Mark III a couple of weeks ago in a multi-gear trade. It took awhile to get tones from the amp that I really liked, but now I’m really happy with the cleans and with the cleans using an OD pedal. I’m still not using the Rhythm or Lead channels because I’m not satisfied with the tones. I’ll take the amp to my tech soon to have a check up.

This amp is pretty much loaded with most options except for an onboard EQ and the high-end cab. It’s a Simul-Class amp with Reverb and an EVM-12L, and maybe the 105 transformer (under investigation). The amp must weigh close to 90 Lbs.

View attachment 935662
View attachment 935663

Here's my '82 MKIIb. It's got the export transformer and all the goodies, with a flight case.

View attachment 936235

Mine is a 1980 Mark II B+. It was 60/100w, but I had it SimulClassed by Mr. Mike Bendinelli. Now its 15w Class A and 60w Class AB, with an EV spreaker, and a Cannabis Rex speaker cab for the 60w setting. View attachment 937706 It's been my go to amp for more than 40 Years. I pretty much us the 15w setting all the time. I
Awesome!!!

Big fan of the Mighty Old Marks. I still can't believe how much people are asking for these today!

Here's my ancient original owner MKIV-A.

KE2YVuR.jpg

Just got it back from Mike Bendinelli/Mesa in Petaluma, CA. I asked them to bring it back to original performance and spare no expense. I sent in just the chassis with no tubes. They replaced all the original Electrolytics, lots of cleaning of pots, sw's, jacks, and miscellaneous tweaks, and changing the guts in a few of the pots. Sent it back to me with a full set of new tubes. Was still only $675.

Sounds righteous!! Better than I can ever remember.

vY6k24F.jpg

Maguchi

Friend of Leo's
I've got a Mesa Boogie Fillmore 25. It came new in the box but the plastic name tag that says "Boogie" in the top left corner was missing and there are no screw holes where the name tag would've been installed. Mesa sent me the name tag/label and screws, but I didn't install it. I figure it's a rarer "mistake" amp this way.

This is the second Mesa Boogie combo amp I've had. I had a '90s Maverick 35 watt 2x12". It sounded great but was a little heavy to haul to and from gigs and I got offered a really good price for it and sold it.

I also have a Simul-Class 2:Ninety stereo power amp that I use to run my home entertainment system (turntable, tuner, CD player, cassette player, TV and DVD player).

MesaBoogFillmore.jpg