Memorable quotes and anecdotes from your (Former) bandmates.

Tmcqtele65

Tele-Meister
My favorite is “Never let the drummer drive!” A singer/guitarist used to say that all the time. It stuck.
Not a bandmate of my own, but good friend, and excellent drummer to whom I once gave a copy of Dave Brubeck's album "Adventures in Time". Several days later he tells me "I realized I can't drive and listen to Dave Brubeck at the same time!"

Blazer

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
Bassplayer looking at his amp: By the look of the controls, I am much to quiet!

Same Bassplayer: "Man, my amp is really quiet today"
Singer: "No wonder, it's not powered on!"

Working out some complicated progressive rock song, guitarist has trouble to remember the parts. After 2nd explanation from the bandleader, he just says: "Whenever you twitch, I'll play clean!"
Meaning: whenever he watched the bandleader's foot move, he'll know to switch to a clean sound.

And a favourite from a live gig with another band (all original material), after a song the singer of the band yells in the audience : "Yeah, well, the next song is great also!!!!"
Reminds me of the bass player which played with Rote Sau, he ALWAYS turned his amp way down, telling me that it was because of the "Ringing in his ears"

But he also urged me and the drummer to play quietly, so he could "Get a feel for the dynamics."

Ed Driscoll

Friend of Leo's
My favorite is “Never let the drummer drive!” A singer/guitarist used to say that all the time. It stuck.
Can't imagine how that phrase evolved! ;)

original.jpg

keith_moon_ferrari_dino_01.jpg

1923-Model-T-e1521852266608.jpg

Nogoodnamesleft

Tele-Holic
Silver Supporter
Same band, same guy.

"Don't go joining any other bands while I'm gone."

Years pass, as do other opportunities...
"If you want to play live find other people to play with."

Although the passive aggressive note on the bulletin board where we rehearsed that said "No computer work during rehearsal" deserves honourable mention, since this was the guy who insisted everything I had programmed based on his previous feedback had to be re-arranged, again...

Frisco 57

Tele-Holic
Sometimes we would totally go off the deep end trying to end a song. After one of these over intricate ending arranging sessions, my son who's a good all around musician and a great drummer, leans forward on his drum set and says, Just follow me, I'll us out of the dam song!

Kandinskyesque

Tele-Afflicted
When I was playing in my 'Guitaraoke Duo'(2 guitars/vocals plus backing tracks), my sidekick used to finish every gig by saying:
"Remember to like us on Facebook, we only need another 12 likes....until we reach 20!"

memorex

Poster Extraordinaire
A band I was in a long time ago was playing a gig in a college cafeteria. Several people in the audience were yelling at us to turn down. The bass player shouts over the mic, "If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen!"