Mellow Middle Age Fred Durst and LB

Troubleandahalf

Tele-Afflicted
So... Anyone catch the show?
Never the biggest or even a fan of Limp Bizkit, but I found the show to be highly entertaining. Wes Borland still has power in his playing.
And I don't know why, but I am here for Fred's makeover.

*I am aware I am about to receive Incoming, and am prepared to take shrapnel here. Fortunately I don't care.
Screenshot_20210803-134048.png

loopfinding

Friend of Leo's
And Rock and roll wouldn't exist without country music and the blues. It's all appropriation man.

nah I’m just saying, computer music begot it (samplers are computers), and it’s a band that has a vocal style from computer music, and a dude who scratches records, which in 2021 are probably controlling serato or something, hahaha.

CV Jee Beez

Tele-Afflicted
The only thing more effective than ipecac for me is Limp Bizkit. Seeing Fred Durst like this is weird but not entirely weird. He seems like the kind of person that could go on an inward spiritual journey only to find out he authentically is a douche.

nickmsmith

Tele-Holic
I was in middle and high school when they were huge. So I should be the age of people hyped for a comeback, but Nu Metal can mostly stay gone, and I’d be ok.

Bennington and Wayne Static are both dead, so there goes about half of the Nu Metal bands I was into at the time, and wouldn’t mind hearing more of.

it’s a shame that this was Rock’s last big hoorah in popular culture (along with Blink 182/Sum 41 type pop-rock,)
outside of nostalgia acts. The last 15 years, it’s just been absent, for the most part.

Troubleandahalf

Tele-Afflicted
Don’t know why these dudes didn’t blow up like they should have. “Prayer For My Demo” kicks ass
I saw them live twice. First in a Hollywood club when Mental floss had just dropped. It remains one of the finest shows I've ever seen.
Then later on in the only fanboy move I've ever done, I wrote to them via their label and got an invitation to their show in SF at the Bottom of the Hill. Turned up an hour early and there they were drinking at the bar. I had a few beers and a nice chat with them. Then they blew the doors off the place.
I also always wondered why they didn't come out big. Magnificent musicians, finess and raw power.
Lot more fun to talk about them than LB!

Troubleandahalf

Tele-Afflicted
I was in middle and high school when they were huge. So I should be the age of people hyped for a comeback, but Nu Metal can mostly stay gone, and I’d be ok.

Bennington and Wayne Static are both dead, so there goes about half of the Nu Metal bands I was into at the time, and wouldn’t mind hearing more of.

it’s a shame that this was Rock’s last big hoorah in popular culture (along with Blink 182/Sum 41 type pop-rock,)
outside of nostalgia acts. The last 15 years, it’s just been absent, for the most part.
That's what I'm talking about. The stage crew was probably like, what is all this equipment?