Meeting a couple guys to talk about jamming

old soul

Tele-Afflicted
Well, the singer bailed out! Said too busy to continue. Not terribly surprising bc he missed about half our jams, and started recruiting an experienced bass player, only to tell him he was no longer interested....because he had experience in studio & gigs.....no fooling!

old soul

Tele-Afflicted
I'd like to give an update on this project!
As stated, the singer bailed. No too surprising, really. But before he left us, he had talked to a fella about playing bass. Very experienced in gigs and studio work from past years, open to just about anything, laid back and patient. Singer tells him 'nah, man! You're too good for us! No need for you to play with us!' The other guitar player and myself were floored that he would do such a thing, and told him to call him back and see if he was still interested. As far as I know, he never did. When the text about him quitting came through, I said I needed the bass players info and got ahold of him.
We met at a pub to talk music and see if we all clicked, turns out the other guitar player and the bass player had jammed a couple years ago once or twice, but the project dissolved.
Last night was our first jam and it was fantastic! Guy pulled out a beautiful jazz bass, and rocked it to 'hotel California, something, bad moon rising, wish you were here, Mary janes last dance', and a couple others. Afterwards we talked a bit and decided on a few new tunes, complimented each other on our playing, etc. and he asks if we would like his wife to come and sing occasionally. We said yes, absolutely! Turns out she is a former professional backup singer in the gospel music business!
When one door closes, another opens up, and this project has a ton of potential!
I'm still dumbfounded that we were so close to not having these opportunities, solely on a response from the ex-singer.
Sorry for the lengthy post, but I thought some of you might appreciate the update!