Meet Starla. The culmination of my trading journey.

birdawesome

Tele-Meister
Silver Supporter
I would most definitely remove that sticker on the neck plate. Nothing says old guitar like a relic with a brand new sticker from the factory on the back.

But very nice guitar and what an accomplishment working up to custom shop from Mexican from trades alone!

HootOwlDude

Tele-Holic
Starla looks likes she ain’t scared of a little handlin’. The kinda gal I need. Congrats on getting what you want! My Vintera tele is heavy but also SUPER resonant. Loud enough unplugged to play with an acoustic in a sofa-plunking scenario.

Fretting out

Doctor of Teleocity
C027B50C-085E-4ED4-8888-F44EB636EC5C.gif

msalama

Tele-Afflicted
Nice! The battle scars look great, but those signatures... eh, sorry for asking, but have you considered getting a makeup job for her?

PS. But if she plays fine, well, who cares really? Excepting nitwits such as myself, of course :D

ABCarlson

TDPRI Member
I thought of Napoleon Dynamite right away when I saw the Starla name.

I may look for more appropriate stickers to cover the signature. Or maybe try to at least yellow that white area a bit. We'll see.

ABCarlson

TDPRI Member
Starla looks likes she ain’t scared of a little handlin’. The kinda gal I need. Congrats on getting what you want! My Vintera tele is heavy but also SUPER resonant. Loud enough unplugged to play with an acoustic in a sofa-plunking scenario.
This one is 7.7 lbs on the scale (with one knob). I'd love to try a sub 7 pounder and see how it compares resonance wise.

57joonya

Tele-Afflicted
I've been trading up for several years, with a "bigger and better" goal, just hoping that eventually I could get up to a Custom Shop Fender. I started with a Mexican Strat, and it took 5 guitars to get here. Aside from gas money, I haven't spent/lost any money in the trades. On Friday, I achieved the goal.

Meet Starla!

Starla because that's what someone carved into the back of the body. haha. A 2001 Custom Shop '51 Nocaster relic from the Time Machine series. It had a large sticker of Johnny Cash under the bridge covering a signature (which I knew about. See previous thread prior to the purchase). I removed the sticker and found that someone also tried to remove the signature with acetone or something similar. Such a pity, but at least it's a relic. Can anyone decipher the signature? Looks like "Jack or Josh" something with June 19, 2007 underneath.

Anyway, I'm really happy with it. It's not super lightweight, but it's the most resonant electric I've ever played. Super loud unplugged. Sounds great plugged in too. No COA, case or paperwork, but it helped me close the trade deal.

View attachment 1043411

View attachment 1043412

View attachment 1043413

View attachment 1043414

View attachment 1043415

View attachment 1043416
Wow , you must be one heck of a bargainer to trade up to that. Looks like an excellent instrument- even with the markings . I wouldn’t even care . Great color too

teleman1

Friend of Leo's
I've been trading up for several years, with a "bigger and better" goal, just hoping that eventually I could get up to a Custom Shop Fender. I started with a Mexican Strat, and it took 5 guitars to get here. Aside from gas money, I haven't spent/lost any money in the trades. On Friday, I achieved the goal.

Meet Starla!

Starla because that's what someone carved into the back of the body. haha. A 2001 Custom Shop '51 Nocaster relic from the Time Machine series. It had a large sticker of Johnny Cash under the bridge covering a signature (which I knew about. See previous thread prior to the purchase). I removed the sticker and found that someone also tried to remove the signature with acetone or something similar. Such a pity, but at least it's a relic. Can anyone decipher the signature? Looks like "Jack or Josh" something with June 19, 2007 underneath.

Anyway, I'm really happy with it. It's not super lightweight, but it's the most resonant electric I've ever played. Super loud unplugged. Sounds great plugged in too. No COA, case or paperwork, but it helped me close the trade deal.

View attachment 1043411

View attachment 1043412

View attachment 1043413

View attachment 1043414

View attachment 1043415

View attachment 1043416
HI, I am Josh Starla! Can I have my guitar back?

teleman1

Friend of Leo's
This one is 7.7 lbs on the scale (with one knob). I'd love to try a sub 7 pounder and see how it compares resonance wise.
Mine is 7lbs less the neck pickup. I have it set up as an Esquire. The bridge PU is about the finest Tele sounding pickup I have heard.3d qualities, no ice picks.