Means of selling vintage amps

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by MitchJ89, Oct 13, 2019.

1. Nickfl

Nickfl Tele-Afflicted

Yeah, but if you look at completed sales, its right at the top of the price range people have actually paid, which makes it an optimistic asking price. Not that there's anything wrong with that... I'd probably start in that same range if I were selling one. But if you price it like that and it doesn't sell, it should be pretty obvious that the price is likely the issue.

The "make an offer" option sounds good, but I don't know that it works all that well in practice. To many people fly off the handle about "low ballers" when they get offered less than asking. It seems like most sellers don't really want to negotiate, so why even try? At least that's the feeling I get on reverb and eBay.

2. lil scotty

lil scotty Tele-Meister

Mike, You have any pre-cbs Fender amps going up for sale?

3. Mike Simpson

Mike Simpson Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Most of my Fender amps are 65 to 75, I don’t have any brown or blonde but I do have a few tweed amps. I Will probably list a couple of Ampegs on CL and FB next week, they will be the first to go along with some PA stuff.

lil scotty likes this.
  4. T Prior

T Prior Poster Extraordinaire

most certainly the biggest issue with selling VINTAGE is the perceived value. We believe its worth X. And maybe it was at some point, even last month. Today it may be worth X minus something.

Local consignment as stated above is perhaps the best alternative, even with the 15 or 20% fee.

Just keep in mind that with the NET Outlets if there is an issue, such as EBAY, it could be a war . reverb appears to be the most stable selling environment.

Maybe research ( google) vintage amp outlets ,see if they want to BUY it from you. Keep in mind if you think it is worth $2000 they will offer much less . Its relative.

HOW MUCH you paid determines how much you can let it go for , you can't set the price based on internet opinions. You may be able to set a " RANGE" but not a final price.

Also consider, if a Vintage amp outlet has an amp selling for X, that's the ask, not the final sale price. Kinda like Ebay and Reverb, MAKE AN OFFER.

good luck !

5. Plumber

Plumber Tele-Holic

I've had some good luck selling on reverb - seems more stable people that the normal ebay lowballers

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.