Maybe Next Time Use The Door, eh?

Old Deaf Roadie

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
So I am buttoning up my day and babysitting a client load out this morning. There is a 2-lane bridge across a narrow river adjacent to our facility and I notice two police cars facing each other in one lane. So my interest is piqued as I am walking toward the office door into the lobby. I should note that the door is glass & blends in quite nicely with 2 other tempered glass windows.
So in my distraction with the police activity on the bridge, I walk square into one of the windows with my nose leading the way.
My glasses are now bent and the bridge of my nose has been oozing since I got the bleeding slowed. My left nostril bled for about 30 minutes.
I have not exhibited a display of clumsiness that spectacular since I fell off an 8' tall stage deck in front of 10k people at a fair somewhere in Iowa 1988-ish.

Before:
20220522_112931.jpg

After Mrs. Roadie cleaned me up:
20220522_120939.jpg

gb Custom Shop

Tele-Meister
That happened to me once before when I was leaving a pub after a lunchtime pint. I was having a laugh with a buddy on the way out, and was quickly reminded the door was all glass when I went face first into it. All I could hear was a bunch of laughter from the whole place afterwards. Worse than that though, was forgetting my umbrella and embarrassingly having to go back for it some minutes later....

tap4154

Doctor of Teleocity
Surely there must be some security cam footage of this 😁

I had a similar event years ago at a customer's house. Floor to ceiling glass wall, VERY clean, and I didn't notice any glass was there as I was in a hurry to go out and shut off a breaker. I got lucky and lead with my right hand swinging forward, so I just sprained my thumb.

lowatter

Tele-Holic
I had 6 stitches on the top of my head from driving a T post fence post with a T post driver. I came up too high on the post while driving it and it got caught on the top nib and the driver pivoted right onto my noggin. I still cringe when I think of it. Anyone who has driven T posts can appreciate what I'm talking about.
I have MANY other tales of yore.😵

Last edited:

Old Deaf Roadie

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
Surely there must be some security cam footage of this 😁

I had a similar event years ago at a customer's house. Floor to ceiling glass wall, VERY clean, and I didn't notice any glass was there as I was in a hurry to go out and shut off a breaker. I got lucky and lead with my right hand swinging forward, so I just sprained my thumb.
Ha ha there is! I will check it in the morning. 😂😂

aging_rocker

Friend of Leo's
I walked into a big glass door in a Ford dealership when I was about 17.

Got a big lump on my forehead for a day or two, and bruised my dignity a little.

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
So I am buttoning up my day and babysitting a client load out this morning. There is a 2-lane bridge across a narrow river adjacent to our facility and I notice two police cars facing each other in one lane. So my interest is piqued as I am walking toward the office door into the lobby. I should note that the door is glass & blends in quite nicely with 2 other tempered glass windows.
So in my distraction with the police activity on the bridge, I walk square into one of the windows with my nose leading the way.
My glasses are now bent and the bridge of my nose has been oozing since I got the bleeding slowed. My left nostril bled for about 30 minutes.
I have not exhibited a display of clumsiness that spectacular since I fell off an 8' tall stage deck in front of 10k people at a fair somewhere in Iowa 1988-ish.

Before:
View attachment 986042

After Mrs. Roadie cleaned me up:
View attachment 986044
You must be the manager! ;)

Sorry, I couldn't resist, hope you get well soon!