1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Maybe New Amp Day - Princeton Reverb RI - Question

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by dragonfly66, Jan 4, 2011.

1. dragonfly66

dragonfly66 Friend of Leo's

That is funny because next week I'll be in your town on business.

This is very good to know, thanks for sharing

2. otaypanky

otaypanky Tele-Holic Gold Supporter

I'll second that ~~~
    Enjoy the new amp [​IMG]

3. postjob62

postjob62 Tele-Holic

I may have mentioned this in another post, so forgive me if so.

Anyway I bought a new one a couple weeks ago. $751.00 turnkey delivered from Sweetwater-all I had to do was ask them for it. At the time they had a used one advertised for 699.00 and I told them I'd pay that for a new one. They came back with 751. including shipping for a new one and I bit.

Anyway, I just wanted to say that mine is dead stock and I'm running it at volume 6, treble 4 and bass 8. I'm getting zero farting or rattling of any kind. Zero. That's with single coils, but that's what I play.

Mine was only made in Oct. so maybe there was some kind of a running change?

I know this is counter to conventional wisdom so I'm holding my breath waiting for the other shoe to drop. But so far, I'm thrilled.

4. Blues Hurler

Blues Hurler Tele-Holic

Congrats. But do yourself a favour and throw those JJ power tubes in now. They sound great. Why wait for the good stuff?

I play a 335 at 5 or 6 on the volume and an OCD and never have had farting problems (with the amp). I think the most I've hit is 7, still no problems.

5. beep.click

beep.click Poster Extraordinaire

Someday I'd like to hear this amp on 5 or 6. I never get mine above 2 and a half!

6. Joey

Joey Tele-Holic

I have a PRRI with the T020 O/T upgrade and JJs. I like the stock speaker and do not have any farting issues with single coils or buckers at higher volumes. I found that the pup height is often an issue which will show up more on smaller wattage amps. After properly adjusting my Tele, Strat, and LP pups I get no farting on my PRRI and my tone sounds better through my TRRI (which is impossible to fart out). Most of the time we have the base side of our pups a little too high, which will create both a farting and harmonic issue is larger watt amps.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.