Maybe I Can Get a Quick Nine in Before the Storm Gets Here

StoneH

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
Screenshot 2022-05-26 at 11.22.04 AM.jpg

985plowboy

Poster Extraordinaire
We had that system over the top of us all day yesterday. Pretty serious lightning came in on the front end of it. I guess it all depends on how many strokes you need to clear nine holes.

dkmw

Poster Extraordinaire
Rainy season is getting closer! We need it badly over here on the east side of the peninsula.

Of course then we’ll probably get way too much rain - Florida is the land of extremes.

GeneB

Tele-Holic
Silver Supporter
My company moved me to Tampa in 2005 and one of the first things I learned is lightning here in Tampa is no joke. I use the Klystron 9 app to track the storms. I was trapped under a small bridge (in a golf cart mid-round) with lightning strikes literally all around us. Stupid is as stupid does and wow were we stupid!

StoneH

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
My company moved me to Tampa in 2005 and one of the first things I learned is lightning here in Tampa is no joke. I use the Klystron 9 app to track the storms. I was trapped under a small bridge (in a golf cart mid-round) with lightning strikes literally all around us. Stupid is as stupid does and wow were we stupid!

Lightning on a golf course scares me. Lightning on the Gulf when I'm on a boat, really scares me.

Last edited:

StoneH

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
Rainy season is getting closer! We need it badly over here on the east side of the peninsula.

Of course then we’ll probably get way too much rain - Florida is the land of extremes.

We went 10 days without rain, and I was waiting on parts for my lawn pump. As soon as I fixed the pump, it started raining nearly every day.

StoneH

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
From years of refueling my airplane. 3 miles from storm USUALLY works.:confused:

I don't need the lightning app when I am at home . . . The "Giant Voice" on my Air Force Base says, "Lightning within 5 miles". Of course, by then, I've already been hearing thunder for 10 minutes.

boris bubbanov

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
On and off lightning here with some rain for the past couple days. It's going to stop and get hot next week again.
Up here to the North of you in western NC, it has been raining enough to bring the creeks up, and everything is getting very lush.

I'd just as soon it keep doing this. I hate the "steambath" when the sun finally pushes the clouds aside for good and just pummels you all day long. Unless some real cold, dry air is available, keep them clouds acoming.

StoneH

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
Up here to the North of you in western NC, it has been raining enough to bring the creeks up, and everything is getting very lush.

I'd just as soon it keep doing this. I hate the "steambath" when the sun finally pushes the clouds aside for good and just pummels you all day long. Unless some real cold, dry air is available, keep them clouds acoming.

My wife and I were planning to go diving this weekend (the weather will be beautiful), but those creeks will be dumping the last two days of rain into the Gulf for another week. The visibility will be almost nonexistent.

Preacher

Poster Extraordinaire
I've always been told to carry a 1 iron in case of bad weather.
It is said...

that even GOD can't hit a 1 iron!!

stxrus

Poster Extraordinaire
My wife and I were planning to go diving this weekend (the weather will be beautiful), but those creeks will be dumping the last two days of rain into the Gulf for another week. The visibility will be almost nonexistent.
And then comes the algae bloom….