May need some wiring/aesthetic help!

Discussion in 'Tele-Technical' started by Michael Terry, May 5, 2021.

1. Michael Terry

Michael Terry Tele-Meister

So about a month ago I set out to spend some cash burning in my pocket and use up some of the special wood and parts in my shop I've been holding onto for too long. I ended up deciding on making a tele deluxe with the new cunife wrhb's but sweetwater was out of bridge pickups so they sent me a neck and told me in a month they'd ship the bridge. I just put a standard 62 tele bridge pickup in its place in the meantime but here's the problem, I like the tele custom sound more than I thought I would and now I have this bridge pickup that I don't want to waste. My question is do I go ahead and make it a deluxe, keep it a custom, or do I put the bridge wrhb in the middle and have a beast of it's own? Also what would be the best way to do the pickup switches, jaguar style? 3 dpdt switches? A rotary switch? Thanks in advance! Here's some pics for reference.

Attached Files:

2. Telecentric

Telecentric Tele-Holic

Use the 62 to make an Esquire. Not a fan of mixing HB and SC's. Now you get a bonus guitar.

JL_LI likes this.
  3. bender66

bender66 Poster Extraordinaire

The neck and bridge WRHB's were damn near the same pickup bird. Still are today.

I'm glad you went Custom. I'm doing the same with a cunife.

If it were me I'd prob go for the Gibbons look with a WR in the bridge only. Fab a tele bridge to accept that monster footprint. Maybe even do it 24.75 scale neck too.

Those new cunife are a nice pickup to be rattling around in your pocket. Dont rush it.

Michael Terry likes this.
  4. Michael Terry

Michael Terry Tele-Meister

Update for anyone interested, I ended up installing the bridge, I think the neck and single coil bridge were out of phase and sounded interesting but not ideal. Anyways here's the result as well as the cab I made to match my 67 baseman aka assman. Screenshot_20210607-212332.jpg Screenshot_20210607-212332.jpg

5. moosie

moosie Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Sweet. What bridge did you use?

I also have a pair of the new CuNiFes on the bench. I'm going to install both in my first build, currently a SH, with AV58 bridge and Seth Lover neck. Since it has the regular, small Tele pickguard, and I want to keep it that way... I'm planning on using a Wilkinson chopped bridge, and mount the bridge WRHB in a plastic pickup ring. Unbelievably I couldn't find a ring anywhere, except for one guy who fabs custom guitar parts, one-off.

Fender, if you're reading, since you now sell the CuNiFes separate from a guitar, and since they're likely to be damn popular, please sell a matching pickup mounting ring for those of us not using the amoeba pickguard. Or for any other kind of build, for that matter.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.