May be the best $200 I spent in a long time!

Discussion in 'Squier Tele Forum' started by Gipper, Oct 14, 2019.

1. Gipper

Gipper Tele-Meister

For reasons beyond the scope of this post I have not had an electric guitar for a couple years now. What makes that really odd is I have built and shipped 100's of guitar bodies all over the world in the last 10 or so years! Anyways been itching to pick up a guitar for the last couple weeks and started poking around. My financial situation is not what it once was and I decided after reading reviews to purchase a Squier Red Sparkle bullet. I went and checked one out and decided that was what I wanted. Well after the local GC screwed up my online purchase for in store pickup I went ahead and ordered one from MF for $10 less! I added 3 pairs or Ernie Ball Slinkys and a Blackstar Fly 3 for a grand total of $201.90 shipped to my door. Not sure of a better way to spend $200! Hopefully here by end of the week.

2. Bluesensationist

Bluesensationist TDPRI Member

The squiers are looking really good now. Let us know how it is. I've thought it would be really fun to pick up a shell pink tele with rosewood(or whatever new variant) squire for a while now. Throw in some new pickups and potentially hardware/ electronics and you could have something that sounds/plays like an expensive guitar for like $350 if you do the setup work yourself.

3. Slim60

Slim60 TDPRI Member

I'm expecting delivery of one of these from MF any minute now.

4. Gipper

Gipper Tele-Meister

Can I ask how long it took them to ship it? Just wondering when I should start getting excited! I am already eyeballing a mahogany blank I have sitting here for a custom body. 20191014_171040.jpg

5. Chunkocaster

Chunkocaster Poster Extraordinaire

That's a great combo you got there. A sparkle tele and a fly 3, what more could one want for home?

rangercaster likes this.
  6. Slim60

Slim60 TDPRI Member

The Blackstar Fly 3 sounds like a good idea!

7. Gipper

Gipper Tele-Meister

The Fly was not actually part of the original plan but seemed like a perfect combo for this. Only amp I stll have is a Roland Cube and this will be easier to move around the house for practicing with for sure. Reviews looked great so I went for it

johnnymg likes this.
  8. zammie

zammie TDPRI Member

Really don't NEED more than that. Really pleased for you. Post pics when it all happens!

9. johnnymg

johnnymg TDPRI Member

The Squier Bullets can be terrific guitars and there's a better than even chance you'll get a good one. If you do get a dud (it does happen) don't be shy about asking for a redo.

10. mkdaws32

mkdaws32 Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

I’m jealous - I have two Fender teles and I would love to add a Squire Bullet Tele, but they don’t distribute those in Canada.

11. Gipper

Gipper Tele-Meister

I have heard great things about these out of the box being quite playable but will give it a good check and setup. I plan on at least giving the frets a quick polish while I have the strings off and give the fret board a little oil. I even have a custom set of Eastgrove pickups I had wound for me years ago that I never installed in anything if necessary but at my skill level I doubt I will be swapping those out just yet. Initial plan is to just enjoy it and reacquaint myself with playing an electric again.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.