1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Maxon AD-9 Pro demo

Discussion in 'Pedal/Effects Owners Clubs' started by c_tecks, Mar 4, 2021.

1. c_tecks

c_tecks TDPRI Member

I bought this one a while back and I was looking for a great analog delay pedal, since I didn't own one yet. I'm also not the kind of guy that wants to buy a sh*tload of pedals so I went for what sounds great so I just have to invest one time. I A/B compared this one with a MXR Carbon Copy in the shop and the AD-9 Pro was better in my experience. It just has great mids, which makes it sounds just a little smoother/warmer to my ears.

Anyway, I made a small demonstration video of this pedal for those that are interested in getting one:

ruger9 likes this.
  2. ruger9

ruger9 Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

This is one of my favorite analog delays. Unfortunately, I could never get along with the switch. I could not reliably turn it on/off, so I sold it. If someone like Keeley still did mods to existing pedals, I would have sent it to him for the TB bypass mod... so I had a regular foots with the clicked. I tried and tried to get along with the Ibanez' style footswtich, but never could. If I were to buy a tube screamer today, I would by a Maxon version with the TB switch.

But the AD-9 has something special in the decay, it almost sounds like it's slightly modulated. It's not, it's just the way the Bucket Brigade chips degrade, but it's a beautiful thing. Luckily, I found a setting on my TC delays that gets me very close: the Toneprint is called "BBD" (for Bucket Brigade Delay, obviously), and it's very close to the AD-9 sound.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.