Matteo Mancuso-- have you seen this Sicilian guitarist shred?

Discussion in 'Tab, Tips, Theory and Technique' started by chris m., Apr 12, 2019.

1. chris m.

chris m. Poster Extraordinaire

Check out this guy's YouTube page-- he is pretty amazing, playing anything from Brent Mason to Guthrie Govan with perfection. I'm feeling the need to do some woodshedding....

His right hand technique looks taken from classical guitar, including long, manicured fingernails.

brookdalebill, suthol and Wally like this.
  2. cc50fralin

cc50fralin Tele-Meister

WOW!

I wish I could play like that.

And yes, I sense he's had some classical training, because his chicken-pickin' looks too easy.

This has inspired me.

Thanks for posting. ;)

Mike

3. ASATKat

ASATKat Tele-Afflicted

Matteo is definately one of the new amazing players to get hip to. I hope his "selling his band" to Yamaha for promotion isn't stifling him at this crucial moment in his career. In my opinion should be doing sort of what Gilad Heckselman and Julian Lage do, like use his name up front in his band. Play with the other rising talent in bass a drums, and that is not meant to put down the drummer and bass in Chips, they are both exceptional. So I'm saying I think Matteo is ready to dive into the deep end of the pool. Ditto for the bass and drums, circulate in the pro world I say, keep Chips and also circulate, but change the Chips name, not good. Use your own names.

4. ASATKat

ASATKat Tele-Afflicted

Bump,

5. ASATKat

ASATKat Tele-Afflicted

Matteo and band is locked into a deal with line6 and Helix. I can't wait for him to break those constraints and start becoming the super guitar star he has been working towards. I'm sure Line6 is treating them well and may help in launching their careers. Time will tell.

6. chris m.

Line 6 is now owned by Yamaha so that's probably how he got hooked into Line6/Helix.

Yamaha is a good company, so hopefully it's a healthy symbiosis-- he gets free gear, perhaps even some salary,
    but he continues to pursue his dreams with support rather than restrictions. But the question becomes, what is his dream?
    Stay popular on YouTube or take it to another level?

Shredders can only go so far. Guthrie Govan, Steve Vai, Joe Satriani, etc. At the end of the day they have these options to
    pick and choose from (and they can do more than one):

- be a side man (like Steve Vai in David Lee Roth's band)
    - be a teacher, in person and on line, publish instructional materials (can be great money in this game)
    - shill gear, on line and at NAMM, etc.
    - do some studio stuff in support of other acts

Or, if they want to really take it to the big time:

- write good music that crosses over beyond just guitar geeks, and be a front man of their own act (Joe's Surfing With the Alien is Exhibit A).

7. ASATKat

ASATKat Tele-Afflicted

I agree, writing good songs is essential in this day and age. I have yet to hear his compositional abilities.

I guess what I'm saying is I want him to come play in my town. Most young hard working talent is on the road a lot, making a name as a guy that could play with anyone. I look at Gilad Hekselman, Lage Lund, Campilongo, Sco,,,, Pass, Montgomery ,,, when they were the young Lyons, they worked with hundreds of people. I want to hear him in loose jams just feeling the changes outs the way Miles liked it, honest playing.

With that in mind, his band Snips could be holding him back.

8. chris m.

ASATKat I agree 100%. Playing out with a lot of bands is the way to earn your stripes.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.