Marty Bell Sparklecaster!

Robnik33

TDPRI Member
2628C241-AF16-4F79-81B7-7B055309BC83.jpeg
EF2CB8B0-A453-4D7F-AE85-726C8900C43D.jpeg
A5A4B908-5208-4993-8F5B-BD8553EA833A.jpeg

Finished my first Tele build and want to give a shout out to Marty Bell Finishing. His work is impeccable, I’m so happy he is still taking on sparkle paint jobs. He had about a month backlog, finished mine in an additional week. Thrilled with the quality, pictures don’t capture how stunning it looks.

Specifications
  • 2018 Fender American Elite neck, maple, 22 medium jumbo frets, modern C to D, 9.5” to 14” compound radius, 1 11/16” bone nut
  • Guitar Mill 3 piece swamp ash body. I contoured the neck and belly cut (< 4 pounds)
  • Marty Bell sparkle finish, 0.015 flake, 51p Brilliant Stratosphere
  • Wilde Bill Lawrence Keystone pickups, 7.24 kohm each
  • Fender 250k CTS potentiometers, CRL 5-way Strat switch, Bill Lawrence 5-way wiring, 0.22uf Orange Drop and 0.01 uf PIO capacitors, pull back wiring, Electrosocket jack, Fender knobs
  • 3-ply white Fender pick guard, neck pickup with no cover mounted to pick guard (to not remove neck to adjust neck pickup)
  • Fender American vintage bridge and compensated brass saddles
  • Fender modern staggered locking tuners (came with neck)
  • D’Addario EXL110-3D nickel wound 10-46 strings
  • 7 lbs 9.5 oz
Build thread here (can’t link it) look up modern + vintage tele 1st build

stickwithit

TDPRI Member
View attachment 1025595 View attachment 1025596 View attachment 1025597

Finished my first Tele build and want to give a shout out to Marty Bell Finishing. His work is impeccable, I’m so happy he is still taking on sparkle paint jobs. He had about a month backlog, finished mine in an additional week. Thrilled with the quality, pictures don’t capture how stunning it looks.

Specifications
  • 2018 Fender American Elite neck, maple, 22 medium jumbo frets, modern C to D, 9.5” to 14” compound radius, 1 11/16” bone nut
  • Guitar Mill 3 piece swamp ash body. I contoured the neck and belly cut (< 4 pounds)
  • Marty Bell sparkle finish, 0.015 flake, 51p Brilliant Stratosphere
  • Wilde Bill Lawrence Keystone pickups, 7.24 kohm each
  • Fender 250k CTS potentiometers, CRL 5-way Strat switch, Bill Lawrence 5-way wiring, 0.22uf Orange Drop and 0.01 uf PIO capacitors, pull back wiring, Electrosocket jack, Fender knobs
  • 3-ply white Fender pick guard, neck pickup with no cover mounted to pick guard (to not remove neck to adjust neck pickup)
  • Fender American vintage bridge and compensated brass saddles
  • Fender modern staggered locking tuners (came with neck)
  • D’Addario EXL110-3D nickel wound 10-46 strings
  • 7 lbs 9.5 oz
Build thread here (can’t link it) look up modern + vintage tele 1st build
Beautiful. Thank you for the referral to Marty Bell Finishing.

groovemastergreg

TDPRI Member
Was this recent? I’m from Houston and had heard that Marty or someone close to him was having health issues in the recent past. Nobody sparkles guitars like Marty. What’s the going rate for that paint job? I now have a set of blue sparkle drums I want a matching tele for. Been looking for a J Mascias tele body…none yet.

BobbyMac

Tele-Holic
Gold Supporter
Marty is going blind. He's still taking on a very few jobs. A lot of people are being referred to other finishers. Marty did a sparkle finish on this Tele earlier this year, and I've heard of more recent sparkle jobs by other posters. Your best bet is to call or email Marty.

I think I paid in the neighborhood of $450, plus $40 return shipping for this one:

IMG_0222.JPG
IMG_0220.JPG
IMG_0221.JPG

Robnik33

TDPRI Member
Was this recent? I’m from Houston and had heard that Marty or someone close to him was having health issues in the recent past. Nobody sparkles guitars like Marty. What’s the going rate for that paint job? I now have a set of blue sparkle drums I want a matching tele for. Been looking for a J Mascias tele body…none yet.
Yes, got it back earlier this month, 5 weeks after I sent to him. Right when he said it would be. He lists his prices on the website, $400 plus $40 return shipping for sparkle body. He dropped back to doing sparkle jobs only. Highly recommended!

Last edited: