Martin Guitar segment on CBS Sunday Morning

Discussion in 'Acoustic Heaven' started by Cooper Black, Jan 12, 2014.

1. stevieboy

stevieboy Poster Extraordinaire

I can't imagine any Martin dread sounding thin and plinky, so I'm guessing it was the TV crew's recording. Recording acoustic instruments is not their normal duty, after all.

But then again, I can't imagine someone from Canada going to the US to buy beer!

And while I'm at it, I also can't imagine getting up on Sunday morning to watch a TV show.

2. rand z

rand z Friend of Leo's

Been to the factory many times over the years! Actually kinda met Chris Martin back in the 90's in their old "museum." A small room with a few old guitars and artifacts and 4 or 5 new models you play... I was playing one of em when Chris (recognized him from pictures), dressed in a suit, came into the room and asked me if I was "so and so?" I said "no", and he said "sorry" and to enjoy myself!

The factory "tour" is a must for any lover of guitars, fine craftmanship, art, woodworking, family business etc.

3. Chiogtr4x

Chiogtr4x Poster Extraordinaire

I can't sleep in anymore, even if out late on a Saturday gig-and always am up at 9:00 AM for the CBS Sunday Morning show-it is one of the best 'news magazine'shows out there, IMO. Some real depth/news/info,w/o politcal slant and BS

4. getbent

getbent Telefied Silver Supporter

we need to work on your imagination!:D:D:D

the sample Tap posted is better, but I had to laugh about the guy demoing it wearing a CBGB tshirt... wouldn't punks deride a fancy signature and pretty guitar?

I met an old punk awhile back and he said he only like authentic country and he like to tune his b string flat to sound 'more real'...

it is like one of those logic experiments 'the poseur of the poseur's poseur' or something...

I think Sebastian likes it tinny because his hearing shot... and while watching the story, I was struck with the realization that there is no cool way to play an autoharp...

5. oldteleguy

oldteleguy Tele-Afflicted

Acoustic Guitar has an interview with the head of Martin in this months'edition. he is the
    great, great, great grandson of C.F. Martin.Interesting article.

6. stevieboy

stevieboy Poster Extraordinaire

Country BlueGrass Blues

(and Other Music For Uplifting Gormandizers)

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.