Martin Barre? Martin Barre!!!

kLyon

Tele-Holic
Platinum Supporter
yeah a stand up for the benefit of a minstrel in the gallery, who indeed was a war child, thick as a brick, but maybe A little too old for rocknroll, nevertheless a heavy horse with a passion for playing, albeit under wraps, still riding on a crest of a knave, bringing songs from the wood to anyone equipped with an aqualung.

If the group should do another album, recreating the first "This Was" with cover and all, they sure don't need any make up these days... ok that Martin wasn't on it.:twisted:;)
Yes, Mick Abrahms... another great one. Ian finds them)

IMMusicRulz

Tele-Meister
Dave Pegg, the bassist for British folk rock band Fairport Convention, became J Tull's bassist after John Glascock died.

I believe that Roxy Music synthesizer player and violinist Eddie Jobson spent some time with Jethro Tull too.

Now if only I could play flute while standing on one leg...
:)

kLyon

Tele-Holic
Platinum Supporter
When I was coming up and amazed at the guitar sounds on Benefit and Aqualung, I always assumed that that was the direct result of a Les Paul and a Hiwatt stack. Sure that there was no other way to get that amazing sound, I aspired after that rig. And never got it (I tried a Hiwatt stack once and it was so loud and so brash and didn't sound like Martin at all... an education))
Props to Martin Barre for all the great records; for having that sound in his head and in his hands.

dogmeat

Friend of Leo's
"Lancelot" played Hamer after his Paul was stolen (its still missing). he switched to PRS bit I've seen him play T and S Fenders too

yeah.... monster guitar player and a big 60-70's influence. still killin' it so I hear

Teletubbie

Tele-Meister
Ad Free Member
Saw Martin Barre band 2 years ago, they were really excellent.
After, my brother commented that MB was the best guitarist he'd ever seen live and he's seen plenty. No argument from me and I've my fair share too.