Marshall Vintage 2x12 Speaker Cabinet

Recce

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
So I have:

I am considering exchanging one of the 12” speakers with the new Celestion Cream Back Speaker. Has anyone done anything like this? I think it would give a fuller sound.
I normally don’t change things around but was playing a Gibson ES-335 through the Tonemaster 68 Deluxe Reverb with the Celestion Cream Back and it sounded great. I have a regular 68 Deluxe Reverb, the new one, so was considering changing the speaker in it, procuring the Tone master or changing out one speaker in the above Marshall. What do y’all think?

Note: the y’all is just there because I live in Alabama.

1C1B1BFC-6CA5-44B8-A4CB-9824CA1ABECC.jpeg

I got it out of layaway today. Time to play.

Last edited:

uriah1

Telefied
Gold Supporter
Creambacks are great rock speakers. Is this for your future Marshall or current deluxe reverb. Was confused.
The v also gets likes for that as does the 65 and the classic v30 for Marshall’s

Si G X

Friend of Leo's
confused too.... if you are talking about mixing speakers in the Marshall cab, sure that can be cool. I think those V-Types sound really good with the studio heads though, so far from a necessary swap. I mean it will sound different, but I guess it comes down to which you prefer. ... which you won't know until you try it.

Recce

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
I did think about two things and have not decided.

To kind of match what the Tonemaster has I would put the Celestion Cream Speaker in my current Deluxe.

Alternatly, swap out one speaker from the Marshall.

I don’t really know which one.