1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Marshall origin 20

Discussion in 'Glowing Bottle Tube Amp Forum' started by tele-nova, Sep 18, 2020.

1. El Marin

El Marin Friend of Leo's

This and this... I had a Bassman and sold it for the Origin... is more a JTM, Bassman on steroids than a high gain... Marshall clean and overdrive

SomeGuyNamedRob likes this.
  2. Gatordad

Gatordad Tele-Meister Gold Supporter

I think it really depends on what speaker(s) you use with the head version. I run my OR20H through a Laney 2x12 cab equipped with WGS Retro 30 and ET65 speakers. They are similar to Celestion V30 and G12-65 speakers, respectively. I live in an apartment so I have to rely on pedals to help get that Marshall crunch and grind I like to hear. My speaker selection suits this style/use for me quite well.

Again, speaker choice is going to make all the difference. I wish I had a 2s12 or 4x12 with G12M greenbacks to try out. Perhaps some other Origin head owner has this setup and can post on how it sounds.

3. Axis29

Axis29 Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

Love my 20C. I run mine completely stock and it's a fantastic amp. Great for practice at home, band practice and gigs!

I have waxed on about this amp a good bit here on TDPRI, and I have not changed my opinion one iota.

Nahtabot, Treynor and tele-nova like this.
  4. KC

KC Friend of Leo's

I liked the 20C a lot but a couple of times I ran out of amp at a gig, once outdoors, once in a 750-seat room. Found a 50C for under $500 so now I have both. They drive a lot alike but I do like the punch & low end of the 50. I've said this before but a Lovepedal JTM pedal into the Origin is Hendrix down to the ground.

5. Axis29

Axis29 Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

I would have run out a few times if it weren't for the D/I and a PA. I actually really like the sound of this amp through the PA. It helps keep stage volume reasonable, but allows for really nice FOH sound reinforcement.

I have vacillated on the 50 a couple of times. I do love the 50 and will probably buy a head before too long... Except that I have a tweed Bassman (Ri) and a '58 Twin, so, 50 and 80 watt situations are kinda covered. Hence my hesitancy.... Although, currently, with few gigs on the horizon, it would be a tough sell with the better half! LOL

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.