*Marshall Mania*

Discussion in 'Amp Owners Clubs' started by Carzee, Jun 14, 2009.

1. scantron81

scantron81 Tele-Afflicted

Nabbed this one a few hours ago online. Been looking for a Mosfet Lead 100 since early summer. I hope it arrives intact. I haven't had an SS Marshall (or any Marshall) since my teen years. I've played Fenders since my early 20s.

[​IMG]

Brian Krashpad likes this.
  2. tacomamc

tacomamc Tele-Afflicted

That sounded great. I don't have a Marshall, but think id like one as I nearly always play with my Keeley mod DS-1.... That's my bass line sound.

3. MadJack

MadJack Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

My project from the previous page is complete except for the gold anodized faceplate. Sounds great, a real Rock machine, but a bit loud for the bedroom. I play it there anyways! ("DAD! Turn It DOWN!" :twisted: )

[​IMG]

4. scantron81

scantron81 Tele-Afflicted

My Marshall arrived. It's been here two days and I've yet to have a chance to turn it up. I don't have any "Me-Time" until the kids are asleep and you know as well as I that it's impossible to crank a Marshall after the kid's bedtime.

[​IMG]

5. 64Strat

64Strat Friend of Leo's Vendor Member

'72 LEAD stickered Super Bass on a '74 Cab
    [​IMG]

'69 JMP small box (early metal panel, Apr 14 1969 build date)
    [​IMG]

'66 Plexi Super PA
    [​IMG]

'68 Plexi tremolo in a first series cab...
    [​IMG]

6. deytookerjaabs

deytookerjaabs Friend of Leo's

Killer amps! But, I think the ghost of a guitar case is trying to butt in on your photo session. Tis' the season. Probably just a guitar you abused to death that's trying to come back and haunt you.

7. gridlock

gridlock Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

I see it.

Love that Marshall combo.

8. 64Strat

more BB photos...

this is a BB clone, using a real '68 plexi 50W trem head. It sounds fantastic! Excellent signal fidelity. Actually, in my opinion, it has better clean tone than any of my other amps. Then, you turn up the volume control and it does the classic cranked Marshall Plexi tone. The only downside is the size and weight.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. gridlock

Marshall 1962hw

Bought two handwired Marshalls in less than a week. Bought a used Marshall 1974x, liked it, but I spotted a Marshall 1962hw Bluesbreaker later that same week at a good price. Returned the 1974x and bought the Bluesbreaker.

A big, heavy, beautiful sounding amp.

Attached Files:

10. Brian Krashpad

Brian Krashpad Tele-Afflicted

I have a couple '80s solid state combos.

A 5120, 50W 1x12 (more knobs en route):

[​IMG]

And a Lead 20, 20W 1x10:

[​IMG]

11. gridlock

I bought a Marshall Reverb-12 last year, a really good little SS amp. Gave it to my brother so it is still in the family. Always wanted to try the Lead-20 with a 12" speaker.

12. 64Strat

Cream - 1968 gig photo... Go re-listen to Wheels of Fire live - Crossroads... that's the tone!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 19, 2015
  13. Brian Krashpad

Brian Krashpad Tele-Afflicted

New photo of my 2 solid state combos together in a mini-stack (Lead 20 atop, 5210 below):

[​IMG]

14. strateles

strateles Tele-Holic

im in, I picked this up last week and haven't turned any of my other amps on since.
    Its a tsl super lead, 1x12, the original owner switched the stock 12 for a Celestian 12t75
    I am totally digging it!

Attached Files:

15. KelvinS1965

KelvinS1965 Tele-Holic

After a disappointment with a Vox Lil Night Train that arrived damaged, I went to a local(ish) Guitar shop yesterday and tried out various heads. I ended up coming home with my first Marshall a JMP-1, which is the 1970s style 1 watt anniversary model.

I know they got a bit of flak on the Marshall forums for being very expensive just for 1 watt, but this gives me a great tone at home that I can record and practice with, but without blowing the windows out. That it was half price (and they took my old Blackstar HT5-R in as px) was a bonus.

It's running into the 12" Celestion 'custom' speaker in the (faulty) Line 6 combo which will do until I can get a new cabinet sorted out, probably with a Vintage 30 speaker (or maybe a Greenback).

Attached Files:

16. Mike_LA

Mike_LA Tele-Afflicted

Dude you went to the wrong forum, we love them over at the Musician's Roadhouse (recently renamed from the Marshall Roadhouse).
    A bunch of the guys there have all 5 versions, I personally have the DSL and the JVM. They totally rock for recording and home use.

Stop by and join the crowd http://musiciansroadhouse.com/index.php

17. KelvinS1965

KelvinS1965 Tele-Holic

Thanks Mike I've never seen that forum before.

(That's even more time I'll spend reading stuff and wanting more gear now :D).

The JMP-1 seems to really suit my Epiphone Les Paul which has a 'hot' Dimarzio DP155 pick up in the bridge. My 50s Tribute Les Paul (P90s) works well with it too, perhaps more so with less distortion and as close to clean as this little amp does. I spent a lot of time in the shop trying it out (preferring it to the DSL15 head they also had), so I based my decision on what I heard rather than what I read.

I need to try my 50s Classic Tele through it (OV pick ups), but I also got a Vox 15 watt Night Train G2 head recently and I've been playing lots of clean/slightly edgy stuff through that with my Fender guitars.

I'm spoilt for choice, finally two really good amps to use that cover pretty much the gamut of my playing styles between them. :cool:

18. gridlock

The JMP-1 is a great amp. Even the .1 watt setting sounded great. I ran my JMP-1 through a Greenback 4x12 cab. Sounded amazing. Congrats.

19. gridlock

Picked up another Marshall myself. A 1974x.

Attached Files:

20. KelvinS1965

KelvinS1965 Tele-Holic

I love the look (and I expect the sound too) of those handwired amps. In fact I'm thinking of getting a cabinet made up in a similar style (minus the Marshall badge) to use with my two heads eventually.

Very nearly picked up the 1974x cab on a Black Friday deal, but I'm running out of space for stuff until I sell a few items...

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.