Marshall JVM 205H Club

Discussion in 'Amp Owners Clubs' started by The_Nork, Jun 17, 2018.

1. The_Nork

The_Nork TDPRI Member

Thought I'd start a club for my beloved Marshall JVM 205H 50 watt head, which I run into a Vox V212C 2x12 Cabinet equipped with two Scumback M75s that are replicas (with more headroom) of the old Greenbacks. This bad mutha takes all pedals like a champ and has a great effects loop. It's my modeling station for all the gear I want to try. Join me!

DSC_4784.JPG

Cliffyg62 and bftfender like this.
  2. bftfender

bftfender Friend of Leo's

am debating between this and JCM900 MKiii 50 watt for my next amp. Have jmp50,DSL40cr head & 3203. Tell me about the amp,never played through one. I am a non pedal user, strait in w Gibsons, thanks

3. Cliffyg62

Cliffyg62 Tele-Meister

I do want one of these...

bftfender likes this.
  4. bftfender

i am interested in if it sorta gets me to a sound i have in my head..i am sorta old school but i just got my DSL sounding very ominously modern lol..and i am kinda liking it, going in the studio for song 6 and even going to ry some breakdowns..they never happen tho cause i am mostly captain crunch

5. The_Nork

The_Nork TDPRI Member

I find it to be super versatile! 2 channels-- one is clean, light OD, or moderate OD; the other is moderate OD, heavy OD/ distortion, or very heavy distortion. Paired with the right speaker cabinet, it really sings. It also has a killer effects loop and plenty of headroom to pair well with pedals. To me, it perfectly nails some of that rich harmonic tone found in the Allman Brothers' Fillmore East concerts when dialed in right, but it can certainly get stankier if you want it to (I just don't).

bftfender likes this.
  6. bftfender

Thanks, good stuff !

7. bftfender

How is the JVM working out ? thanks

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.