Marshall DSL5

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by cenz, Sep 16, 2020.

1. cenz

cenz TDPRI Member

Not sure if this is the right forum for this but I’ll ask anyway

I have a Marshall Code25 that I really like. But the thing is loud. Like ear splitting loud. I also do not own a tube amp

I was thinking about a Marshall DSL5C or DSL5CR. I know there are better (read cheaper) but I prefer a Marshall tube amp. Does anyone own one of these? And do you like it?

I would love a TR or DR, but can’t swing it. Plus I’m 65+ and lugging one of those up and down would probably kill me.

2. stepvan

stepvan Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

All I can say is I had the 1 watt Marshall and got rid of it and got a dsl40. If at home the 1 or 5 will be enough as they are both pretty loud

String Tree likes this.
  3. Tim S

Tim S Tele-Holic

The only Marshall I have is my DSL40CR. Dollar for dollar, it’s the best amp purchase I’ve made.

While I haven’t tried a DSL5CR, from what I’ve read, it is largely like mine. Get it!

4. Axegrinder77

Axegrinder77 Tele-Afflicted Ad Free Member

Dslcr5 sounds really good. The 1 watt not so good imo. I think it has an 8 inch speaker.

Grab the 5!

5. TIM5150

TIM5150 TDPRI Member

I had the dsl5cr for about a year, then sold it. I really liked the green channel, but I really did not like the red channel. It’s a pretty good amp though. It seemed to be built well enough.

6. Collin D Plonker

Collin D Plonker Tele-Afflicted

I had the DSL40, and it sounded pretty good at bedroom levels plus you can gig with it. I played the DSL15 at Guitar Center, and it was.killer. Never played the 5, but I bet it sounds good, too. You can always mic it if you have to.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.