Marshall dsl 5 issues

stepvan

Tele-Afflicted
So I have now packed up my marshall dsl5cr that I got last year and sent it off for warranty, My question is does anyone know about any issues with the latest version dsl amp?

Maguchi

Friend of Leo's
So I have now packed up my marshall dsl5cr that I got last year and sent it off for warranty, My question is does anyone know about any issues with the latest version dsl amp?
I have a 2 or 3 year old DSL-1 that I play 3 or 4 times a week and no problems so far yet. Creamy tone.

MrshlDSL1C.jpg

mikecorey

TDPRI Member
I've had mine one year. Probably less than 50 hours on it. I had to take ot in last month for what turned out to be a preamp tube. Since I got it back, it still doesn't sound right. Fizzy, and flubby on low notes. Going back to the shop.

Tim S

Tele-Afflicted
Gold Supporter
@stepvan What problem did your DSL5CR suffer that caused you to seek warranty service? (Maybe your amp’s problem is a harbinger of things to come for other DSLxCR amps?)