1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Marsh and Mojo... Same Thing?

Discussion in 'Shock Brother's DIY Amps' started by rainedave, Aug 17, 2010.

1. rainedave

rainedave Tele-Holic

Last edited: Aug 18, 2010
  2. t-luxe

t-luxe Tele-Afflicted

I believe I read somewhere on another forum that they are the same, except the Marsh comes with instructions/build support while the Mojo does not(tho the Marsh is cheaper!?).
    I've built a Mojo 5e3 kit and it looked identical to the picture on the Marsh site.

As to who produces them I couldn't say but I would guess Mojo.

3. callaway

callaway Tele-Holic

I think it's the other way around with instructions-I believe Mojo provides complete directions with pictures.

4. fstempleton

fstempleton Tele-Meister

Mojo provides kit materials for several kit sellers [including mojo-built cabinets], according to their website and my discussions with them. They don't, however, provide detailed instructions, just a circuit diagram and a layout. [I spent much of today working on my mojo 5e3 kit-in-progress].
    ST

5. callaway

callaway Tele-Holic

Ha, cool. I stand corrected.

6. M Fowler

M Fowler TDPRI Member

I don't think they are the same company at least when I got my dealer license they made no reference to each other. The Marsh Fender chassis are mojo's. Mojo has a good dealer program and Marsh did not. I still shop at both as each offers some different products I like to use. I recently bought for the first time a Mojo component kit and it was high quality with layout and schematic 11 x 17 print. I usually just source my own parts but got lazy.

7. daveh222

daveh222 TDPRI Member

And then there's Weber...

The Weber kits are less expensive than either Mojo or Marsh, and scroll down to their 5f2A - a little larger cab with 10" speaker and tone control. I'd like to hear some comparisons of theirs vs the Mojo/Marsh champ. Anyone?
    http://taweber.powweb.com/store/kits_50a.htm#5F1

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.