Marriage worries...

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by NateD81, Feb 20, 2020.

1. dickey

dickey Tele-Afflicted

OK...Marriage counseling may sound good in the counselor's office, both may agree with everything he said...but the counselor only sees you 50 minutes out of the week; he doesn't know what goes on the rest of the time. A couple may take his advice in the office, but a day or so later, it is forgotten & back to the same old crapadoola. Big waste of time & money.

Fendereedo likes this.
  2. Fendereedo

Fendereedo Poster Extraordinaire

Got it, thanks.

3. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

or you can work at it.

TeleTex82 likes this.
  4. Charlodius

Charlodius Tele-Meister

Couples counseling could help. Also, there is an online course called ePrep that may help- there are modules you do together and separately, working on the relationship and communication. My wife and I did the in-person version of the course when we were engaged and my wife wanted to do the online version now after 17 years- not because we are having difficulties, but just to strengthen our relationship.

5. WetBandit

WetBandit Friend of Leo's

Well, I'm still young (29) I've been with and lived with my wife for 10yrs also. We have been married for over 3yrs and been joint home owners just as long.

Not to paint a bad picture, it may not be a bad idea to go ahead and locate the best attorney in town, and pay for the cheapest service they have just so you can be added to their list of clients... that way they can't be used against you.

But, I don't think you have reached critical mass quite yet... hear her out, and give her some space.

You sure she hasn't buddied up to one of the faculty at her school?

The workplace can be a breeding ground for serious marital issues.

kuvash likes this.
  6. william tele

william tele Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

I think the people that CAN benefit from counseling of any kind (and there are many and records to prove this) will not be able to even enter into a counseling program with an attitude of "big waste of time and money". Actually, anyone who attempts ANYTHING with the attitude that "this won't work" has just sabotaged any future success...at anything they attempt.

The younger the age an individual learns this, the more success and happiness they'll encounter in life.

NateD81, Wallo Tweed and jannodude like this.
  7. TeleTex82

TeleTex82 Friend of Leo's

Counseling only works if you are honest about yourself and your relationship and are willing to put the work in. The bulk of the work comes in between the sessions not during them.

8. sjwieczorkow

sjwieczorkow Tele-Holic

Nevermind. Have a nice day.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2020
    superjam144 likes this.
  9. smoggyama

smoggyama TDPRI Member

2020 will be remembered as the punctuation between your old life and your improved life.

getbent, telestratosonic and NateD81 like this.
  10. telestratosonic

telestratosonic Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

You be well as well. Check out my post from a couple of days ago. Time heals all. My life is good. It took a bit of time to put my 28 years of marriage behind me but I'm a happy man these days.

NateD81 likes this.
  11. KyAnne

KyAnne Tele-Afflicted

This is true. If she doesn't go, this is supreme evidence to be used Against her.

12. getbent

getbent Telefied Silver Supporter

hey man, I just thought of you today. By now you are probably sheltering in place and starting up distance learning with your students. If you guys are sharing the same house still, I hope that is going okay. Hang in there, I am so sorry for what you are going through on multiple fronts.

imwjl and sean79 like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.