Mark Agnesi Already Having an Impact at Gibson

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Bones, Jun 17, 2019.

1. LeicaBoss

LeicaBoss Tele-Holic Gold Supporter

That video copy was obviously corporate, reeks of it. Probably touched three departments. Blaming the guy reading the approved script to the camera is just a bit much here.

scrimmer, Skamania, Owenmoney and 3 others like this.
  2. Deeve

Deeve Friend of Leo's

Could be a comment directed @ AliExpress and other purveyors of fine Chibsons, but I don't know how you invade the knock-off factories in another land.
    Perhaps a Wall is in order?
    ;)
    Peace - Deeve

3. Greg_L

Greg_L Tele-Holic

If this was a Fender video you guys would be forming a cheerleader pyramid.

4. tvvoodoo

tvvoodoo Tele-Afflicted

Its a don't shoot the messenger kind of thing. Back when I was a commercial director, i always told talent to never shake your head side to side when speaking to the camera.
    It's a nervous thing. It says,"I don't believe a word I am saying, you shouldn't either."

5. GearGeek01

GearGeek01 TDPRI Member

Of course journalists survive on Earth by simply stirring up trivial amounts of minuscule mole hills into free (to them) publicity of idiotic mountain sized sensationalism...

True or not, what was intended or not... truth is... like Ozzie Ozbourne biting the heads off of bats... brand hating motivated journalists stand to benefit by the sensationalism... (let's say) Ozzie's record sales were down... Ozzie bites heads off of bats... free publicity (good or bad it's still publicity)... record sales revive... so in the same way I assume... using National Enquirer techniques to attack Gibson was needed to boost his waning journalistic writings... good or bad, trash some body or help them... its all publicity to get people to read his worthless drivel...

I could care less about what was said... from what I've seen and heard with the now much better quality Gibson is pumping out, not many people are going to care about 11 stupid words said in a YouTube video

the new quality of Gibson is not going to be affected by some turd burgular journalist trying to fill their pockets with National Enquirer style trash

badger51 and AxRookie like this.
  6. Cysquatch

Cysquatch Tele-Meister

I think a better way of doing that would be to put out a compelling product, with actual QA, at a pricepoint that is realistic for what you're getting. Let alone the obstinance over the inherently flawed headstock design angle and hate of volutes, which is outside the scope of this discussion, anyway.

Video is whatever to me, I've had and moved past Gibson guitars at this point. And whether he had total or no control over this, somebody along the way should have thought "hmmm, this comes off as overly combative and litigious when we should be building a new image around a simple message of building great guitars". This was a huge failing in optics for them, though I doubt it's going to sway anyone that was going to go drop the $2k+ on an LP from doing it anyway.

Wildcard_35 and AxRookie like this.
  7. 2 Headed Goat

2 Headed Goat Tele-Afflicted

Leather jacket... perhaps that's how Agnesi got the gig at Gibson...

8. Greg_L

Greg_L Tele-Holic

Nice objective rant, but Mark Agensi is not a journalist.

Wildcard_35 and Keefsdad like this.
  9. GGardner

GGardner Tele-Afflicted

i have no dog in this fight. But this was a funny post.

10. telemnemonics

telemnemonics Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Yeah I got no love for Gibsons.
    Over the years it seems like I gotta pick up 500 of 'em to find one good one.
    Maybe I'd have had better luck if i only tried the ones over $3k?
    Fenders OTOH, I can find a pretty good one every 200 or so...

Chuckster likes this.
  11. telemnemonics

telemnemonics Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Or it was a smart move to hire a mouthpiece who some of us already find annoying, so Gibson says their piece but leaves the marketplace confused and arguing amongst ourselves.

(Old man shakes fist at clouds)

Greg_L likes this.
  12. Tonetele

Tonetele Poster Extraordinaire

I think he should take a long hard look at Gibson guitars, minimize build costs and make them more affordable. It's a WORLD market, not just the USA, and even you guys complain about their pricing.

Do all models need binding? See the natural 1958 ES-335- no binding, dot markers.Those are some things that can cut costs, be options, and still retain the integrity of the guitar. Also the ES-330. Do ALL Les Pauls need to be curved tops? The Jr. says NO. There is plenty he ( I ) would do to make LPs good and affordable.
    Lower selling styles could be custom orders, not thousands made and forced onto the marketplace for a few. Mark Agnesi should be paid to think about his role and what was defined in his job description.

ponce likes this.
  13. Bones

Bones Telefied Ad Free Member

They already have all those things available and IMHO the price of the new Standards not out of line. $2k for a Fender bolt-neck neck telecaster is out of line.

14. Greg_L

Greg_L Tele-Holic

Lol. Right? People complaining about Gibson's lineup that know nothing about Gibson's lineup.

Maybe they should hear that the evil corporate Mark Agnesi loves the hell out of a Telecaster. I always thought he was oddly in love with Teles. Like, no one really loves them that much, right? I'd tell them myself, but I don't want to interrupt their ignorant hate party.

Owenmoney likes this.
  15. MojoTrwall

MojoTrwall Tele-Meister

You're the one on this thread being openly agressive.

Doing a better job than Agnesi himself protecting "Gibson legacy".

16. Blrfl

Blrfl Tele-Holic

Because you can never really remove something from the Internet, somebody mirrored it.

The best adjective I can come up with for that is ham-fisted. It watches like a hostage video.

17. Greg_L

Greg_L Tele-Holic

I'm fighting off ignorance. We all should. :)

Owenmoney likes this.
  18. rangercaster

rangercaster Poster Extraordinaire

A corporate spokesperson gets paid to deliver a message ... As said above, he's reading a script ...

Owenmoney likes this.
  19. MojoTrwall

MojoTrwall Tele-Meister

Don't see any ignorance.

Customers interests and companies interests are not the same.

His declaration goes totally in this way, and is totally dumb.

Only thing protected from copy is headstock, I think it has been court ruled in the 70's with lawsuit japanese ?

It's their right to have a bad opinion of the company, and executive declaration.

20. LeicaBoss

LeicaBoss Tele-Holic Gold Supporter

The new Gibson CEO is like "OK, I get it now. Guitar buyers are whiny little babies" He probably never saw such righteous indignation from the pants community.

Next video will be YouTube pedal demo guys doing high-fives and blues licks.

(Nothing went with blues licks)

Greg_L likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.