Mark Agnesi Already Having an Impact at Gibson

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Bones, Jun 17, 2019.

1. WetBandit

WetBandit Friend of Leo's

Same reason most people actually want to see Gibson at the end of the headstock and not Epiphone or any other brand.

The one thing Gibson has done well... (to their detriment) is instilling shame for playing anything but "authentic" (whatever that's supposed to mean) all negativity aside, people still want to see Gibson on the end of their Les Paul's headstock! But alot of people do not go that route due to cost, or fear of QC issues on something so expensive, or because they do not offer a color or feature set they like or can AFFORD.

Almost everyone wielding an Epiphone either secretly or openly wishes it said Gibson... even of the Epi is fantastic in every way, they would still rather see Gibson.

But Gibson doesn't seem to understand they could be capitalizing on that.

They could be making a Gibson range to compete with Fenders Mexican range... and make an absolute fortune and firmly insert their name and brand in bedrooms everywhere. All the while restoring relations by removing the "exclusionary/privileged/elitist" image they give off.

But no, let them keep forging ahead selling to doctors/lawyers, those without (or soon to be) wives or children etc... while the working musician and garden variety player/enthusiast just lust after your product (that arguably isn't that good lately).

They need to face facts, people aren't lining up around the block to buy 3-4k production models especially when in some cases the quality isn't there.

Not to mention, today's mindset with alot of people is to have many guitars not just one nice one.

So,(as an example) people would rather have 4-5 Mexican Fenders as opposed to 1 LP standard for the same cost.

Owenmoney likes this.
  2. Greg_L

Greg_L Tele-Holic

That makes no sense. Yall have said that the MIM's do say Fender on the headstock and have the right shape. So why buy "USA" when you can buy the cheaper stuff and it all be the same? Why? What the hell is Fender trying to pull here? Selling the same garbage for mega dollars when their lower end stuff is the same? For shame.

You clearly have blinders on, or you're just ignorant. Maybe both. More sour grapes. You're acting like a guy that really wants a Gibson but can't afford the one he wants. You act like all Gibson makes is Custom Shop stuff. They do have a pretty extensive line of lower end Gibsons. They have LPs, SG, and JRs under approx $1100. Is that excessive? What's your price point mason-dixon line between affordable workhorse and smuggy douchebag guitar? That line is different for everyone. But all you have to do is actually look, like actually make the effort to open your eyes instead rage posting, and you'll see there are Gibsons available that meet your ultimate criteria - affordable.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2019
  3. fasteddie42

fasteddie42 Tele-Afflicted

yeah, like 1500 dollar les paul juniors :rolleyes:

bender66 likes this.
  4. warrent

warrent Friend of Leo's

I'm trying to understand why so much emphasis is put on the differing neck joint between some Gibsons and some Fenders. Essentially you could call a Les Paul a parts guitar that is just glued together instead of bolted. Neither neck joint is inherently superior to the other and neck joints are not the expensive part of making a guitar.

5. bender66

bender66 Poster Extraordinaire

radiocaster likes this.
  6. Owenmoney

Owenmoney Tele-Afflicted

I love my two Bajas, they are my absolute favorite guitars, both stock except for Dunlop straplocks and Strat switch tips, but I also have a 25 year old Epiphone Les Paul Standard which is just excellent. Great pickups, sixties neck which is the only downside and it plays great, sounds great, and I have one of the newer top rout Gibson Les Paul Juniors. Plays great, sounds real nice, I did put a badass type bridge on it, so it would intonate better. I don’t think American made Gibson or Fenders are really better than MIM or foreign made guitars. I think everybody is using American technology in the manufacturing. Electronics is quite subjective on the other hand .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

7. Owenmoney

Owenmoney Tele-Afflicted

Come on, the shape of the headstock is trivial, plus Epiphones have less of an tilt so maybe they don’t spontaneously explode. If people are so hung us on a headstock, what does that really say about them ? Are they that picky when it comes to their women, their children, their lawn, oh no my grass doesn’t have the right tilt back angle and it will never sell for more than Epiphone grass.
    I don’t care it my headstock breaks four or five times at least it’s authentic ! What kind of anal attitude is that ? Really ?

Boomhauer and radiocaster like this.
  8. CFFF

CFFF Tele-Holic

Many people seem to have a problem with the common Epiphone headstock profile but there is a solution. Buy Japanese!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. studio1087

studio1087 Telefied Silver Supporter

Just adding a post.

I’ve got money riding on this hitting 500 posts.

Go posts! Daddy needs a new headstock for his Les Paul! Whoooo!

:lol:

10. Blue

Blue Tele-Afflicted

BIASED not bias.

11. Bruxist

Bruxist Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Been trying to do just this for the last few years but those keep going up in price.

CFFF likes this.
  12. CFFF

CFFF Tele-Holic

Yes I know the asking prices are crazy. Be better to go with a used Gibson for similar money. I have a Korean Epiphone Les Paul and it really is one of my favorite guitars. I do not look at the headstock when I am playing and it keeps tune better then my Gibsons. But if Gibson did agree to all Epiphone imports having a open book profile then there would be more problems with the logos removed and a Gibson one put in. So maybe it is a best idea to leave it as it is.

Bruxist likes this.
  13. knockeduptele

knockeduptele Tele-Holic

hope he's wearing Levis

14. knockeduptele

knockeduptele Tele-Holic

originals

15. Bruxist

Bruxist Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Wish the regular old customs came with an ebony or even richlite board. Rosewood looks weird on them.

Bones likes this.
  16. Fearnot

Fearnot Poster Extraordinaire

Do you think Mr. Mark will be going after this obvious trademark infringement? :lol:

64788070_10220767070795227_6732863249437425664_n.jpg

Bruxist and Owenmoney like this.
  17. cyclopean

cyclopean Poster Extraordinaire

you can make content every day without acting like a goon. why are you assuming that no one who thinks this video is in poor taste is a "do nothing" who hates themselves? heck, go to youtube right now and you can find hundreds of people who drop that much content who never act like that. and what does guitar talent have to do with the kind of attitude he's displaying or that weird bluster covering up fear look in his eyes?

Bones likes this.
  18. Owenmoney

Owenmoney Tele-Afflicted

Lol, I’m only a very young 66 !

19. Owenmoney

Owenmoney Tele-Afflicted

Then that’s their problem !

20. Nubs

Nubs Friend of Leo's

I just took back my Gibson this weekend and traded it in. I'm done with Gibsons. They're way overpriced, too inconsistent, the headstock breaks too easily, and I don't care for their business practices. Those are reasons enough to stay away.

I don't care how beautiful a guitar is. If the manufacturer sucks, I won't support them.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.