1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Marillion

Discussion in 'Music to Your Ears' started by Ron R, Jan 19, 2021.

1. Ron R

Ron R Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

A couple clips to highlight this wonderful band (and one of my absolute favorite guitarists, Steve Rothery):

and

from the Fish era:

and one cut from Rothery's solo album:

NWinther, naveed211 and netgear69 like this.
  2. netgear69

netgear69 Tele-Afflicted

Always liked this band back when i was a teenager the Fish era was the best and you are right Steve Rothery is a great guitarist

Ron R likes this.
  3. Squawker

Squawker Tele-Holic

The "Market Square Heroes" 12-inch with "Grendel" was something very special when it was released in '82. That whetted my appetite for "Script..." which I absolutely love. But after that my interest in Marillion somehow of fell abruptly off a cliff. I don't doubt that there's good stuff on "Fugazi" and "Misplaced Childhood", but whereas I have a lifelong obsession with "Script...", I don't even own any of the others.

4. naveed211

naveed211 Tele-Afflicted

I was in a huge Marillion phase around the time of Marbles. Bought a lot of the H era (not a fan of the Fish era, personally) back catalog and followed them for a few albums after. Kinda fell off but check in every once in a while.

They have some absolutely powerful songs. “The Great Escape” is just achingly sad yet beautiful. From the lyrical story and vocal delivery to the perfect phrasing on guitar. Too many excellent songs to mention, but that one is especially moving for me.

Great band, and tip of the cap to see them still doing it after all these years. Still being creative, not resting on their laurels.

5. matman14

matman14 Tele-Meister

Still listen to Fugazi, Script for a Jester's Tear, and Misplaced Childhood when in a nostalgic frame of mind. Saw them live a few times during that time.
    Lost interest after the fourth album and never bothered with any of their post Fish stuff.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.