1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Maple Neck Swap Day

Discussion in 'Other T-Types and Partscasters' started by Loudog99, Feb 15, 2021.

1. Loudog99

Loudog99 Tele-Holic

I have a partscaster that I put together with a basswood body and Allparts rosewood neck. The rosewood neck had a twist in it and I always felt the tone coupled with the basswood body was a bit too “round”.

So, I swapped out the neck with an Allparts TMO-C and the tone is noticeably brighter. Love it now and the guitar rings out beautifully. I didn’t expect the tone change to be so drastic and wish I had recorded before and afters.

With it’s strat cuz in the background.

Fendereedo, TeleUpNorth, G-52 and 2 others like this.
  2. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Cool!

3. Fluddman

Fluddman Tele-Holic

Not sure its a big surprise. I reckon the neck is a big part of the sound.

4. KelvinS1965

KelvinS1965 Tele-Afflicted

Interesting to hear: I've just got an Allparts Rosewood fat neck for my Strat. The Strat has a maple neck and I've alwys fancied a Rosewood one. It's only a passing phase as this new neck will eventually be used to build a whole second Strat, but I wanted to see how I got on with the neck first, so a swap seemed the quicker option.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.