Man! What a dream...

39martind18

Friend of Leo's
Last night I dreamed I was on stage with The Highwaymen. Someone stole my Martin so I had to play my tele. No matter what I did, I couldn't get it quieted down. I was playing it through my Blues Jr into the PA and it was just screaming loud. 50,000 fans were covering their ears and Willie and Waylon were staring at me like they wanted to kick my ass!

Worse, I didn't know how to play any of the songs! I turned to Johnny and said "just G, C, and D, right?" He rolled his eyes at me and turned away.

Then someone gave me a chord chart and the first chord on it was a D6. No matter what I did, I just couldn't make sense of a D6. Thousands of eyes on me, my guitar just screaming loud and I couldn't even play any of the songs.

I woke up very confused.
Except for the 50000 fans and Waylon, Willie and Johnny, you just described my last gig!

drewg

Tele-Afflicted
Last night I dreamed I was on stage with The Highwaymen. Someone stole my Martin so I had to play my tele. No matter what I did, I couldn't get it quieted down. I was playing it through my Blues Jr into the PA and it was just screaming loud. 50,000 fans were covering their ears and Willie and Waylon were staring at me like they wanted to kick my ass!

Worse, I didn't know how to play any of the songs! I turned to Johnny and said "just G, C, and D, right?" He rolled his eyes at me and turned away.

Then someone gave me a chord chart and the first chord on it was a D6. No matter what I did, I just couldn't make sense of a D6. Thousands of eyes on me, my guitar just screaming loud and I couldn't even play any of the songs.

I woke up very confused.

That's not a dream, it's a nightmare!

Those anxiety, work-related dreams are the worst. I sometimes have "teacher dreams" I arrive 8 minutes late for class; don't have any activities prepared; standing up there without any pants. (Well, at least with boxers.)

You must play your share of shows to have a dream like that!

57joonya

Tele-Afflicted
Tha
I finally quit having truck driving dreams for the most part. I used to dream of coming home empty from Washington state, and coming down a twelve percent grade. It was raining fiercely, and in the lights ahead, I could see the bridge collapsing right before my eyes. The road was wet, and I couldn't get any traction trying to stop my stomach was in my mouth like being on a roller coaster ride as I plunged into the canyon!
t means you have had trauma ….

wabashslim

Friend of Leo's
Those anxiety, work-related dreams are the worst.
The first few years of retirement from my 30-year, defense-contractor technician job I had quite a few dreams about being assigned to a new program where all the technology was new & unknown to me and all the co-workers were young snotty little college brats who just wanted me to sit in the corner quietly until my time was up. Worse, the bathroom was real far away and all the outlaw-biker machinists hung out there discussing things I wasn't supposed to hear.

Now that I think about it - those weren't dreams...

drewg

Tele-Afflicted
The first few years of retirement from my 30-year, defense-contractor technician job I had quite a few dreams about being assigned to a new program where all the technology was new & unknown to me and all the co-workers were young snotty little college brats who just wanted me to sit in the corner quietly until my time was up. Worse, the bathroom was real far away and all the outlaw-biker machinists hung out there discussing things I wasn't supposed to hear.

Now that I think about it - those weren't dreams...

Those are tragi-comedies!

Mouth

Tele-Afflicted
I rarely remember my dreams, but I have a frequent recurring short dream as I'm falling asleep of panic stopping a car or motorcycle. I've had the dreams for years. Too much traffic in my life.

old soul

Tele-Holic
I don't usually remember my dreams but I do remember one where my best friend since childhood/ neighbor retired and bought an rv mounted to a scissor lift, with a rooftop bar and whatnot. For some reason, he lived on the street that I grew up on and I went to visit and see the new toy. While showing off the scissor lift feature, controlled from the rooftop, he stumbled and went over the side. I ran over and was just barely able to grab his arm, but to no avail, he fell onto the pavement below. I remember my wife being up there with me and the frantic look on her face. We tried and tried to get the lift down so we could render aid, and eventually we did, but it was too late. Realizing he was dead, we started panicking about how we were going to explain to his wife about how he had fallen and I tried so hard to get him back to the roof, but I just couldn't pull him up so he fell.
I woke up sweating and panicking and generally upset at the content and realness of the dream. Honestly when I first woke up I wasn't sure if it was all a dream or if I was having a recurring dream from an actual event. Pretty disturbing way to wake up.
On another note, farting yourself awake is a hoot! Done it a few times, only to find my wife snoring unfazed by the eruption, and laughed back to sleep.