1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Man vs Vending Machine: The ongoing saga...

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by emu!, Sep 20, 2011.

1. emu!

emu! Poster Extraordinaire

If you don't like reading useless crap, then don't continue reading.

So, the last time I left you, there was a vending machine that out-smarted me with the laser type eye that could "sense" when something fell off the shelve into the bin. Yep, they are getting smarter and smarter...and one day MAY take over the world.

And, before that, I had found several suspicious cherry-filled pies on top of the machine that no one claimed. Where they bugged? I don't know...but they tasted delicious.

NOW...the said vending machine has another drama to resolve during my 10 minute break. I walk into the break room, look through the machine window, and WOULD YOU LOOK AT THAT!!!...there is a PILE of Whatyoumacallits (actuall name) lying ON TOP of some chips. What must of happened is the lowest tray wasn't pushed in far enough by the vending machine dude. And, when something was purchase above the lowest tray, it fell ONTO the chips. The electric laser eye, not sensing anything falling into the bin, then continued to push out candy bar after candy bar until a pile of them became wedged on top of the chip selection.

If only I could somehow make one bag of chips fall, then the candy bars will come tumbling after them. That would be 5 candy bars and a bag of chips (retail value $6), for only $1.

MY SHIP HAS JUST COME IN!!!!!

One problem...nothing can be purchased from the lower tray. I guess the machine knows that the tray is not "snapped into place". All selections on the lower tray say, "PLEASE TRY AGAIN". Damn! I tried everything...even unplugged the beast for a few minutes hoping it would clear itself and start paying off big. Now, I'm not really going to KEEP all the candy bars...it's just the journey in life that excites me. I'll probably hand them out to my favorite coworkers. Karma. But, how to get that bag of chips to drop....?????

Stay tuned...

2. Brad Pittiful

Brad Pittiful Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

cant you tilt back the machine...at a job i worked at if the machine didnt give up what i paid for...i would make it give it to me by tilting the machine back some and let it go shaking the item making it fall

3. Agave_Blue

Agave_Blue Friend of Leo's

I was given good advice.

I was a fool not to heed it.

;)

4. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Maybe the vending machine guy just wants you to eat some fresh fruit instead and he's rigged the machine.

5. Bolide

Bolide Friend of Leo's

I think I saw that episode: Homer said "d'Oh!!!"

6. OtherTom

OtherTom Tele-Afflicted

I hate vending machines. I won't describe how I've killed a couple.

Just picture a hungry man working the midnight shift, alone in the building, with only a buck and a half change in his pocket, and the machine won't drop the coffee cake.
    It gets ugly.

7. 68thinline

68thinline Tele-Afflicted

Last week I stopped on the turnpike and they had a BEST BUY vending machine - no joke. Put in your credit card and you can buy a $500 iPod - it even has the little spiral just like the candy machine.

I can just imagine paying $500 and having the box get hung up in the machine.:rolleyes:

8. J-man

J-man Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Admin Post

:D

9. Birdmankustomz

Birdmankustomz Friend of Leo's

Looks like it went just right to me :lol:

10. Zenzeypher

Zenzeypher Tele-Afflicted

hahaha most irrelivent post ive ever read - love it.

Don't tip it those ****ers love to crush a man to death!

Im my old, old, old place of work if I was ever outwitted by machinery (which was very often) I would do the following.

1> Find out the make and model of the Machine (usually on a small metal plaque)

2> google the service manual or user manual

3> use the reset function on said vending machine

4> Profit.

We worked out the machine stole a fat chunk in money when it didn't dole out, so every month when it got refilled we made sure we reset the Kit-kat chunky trays price to £0.00.

You can do this with just about anything.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.