Man I wish I had the scratch...

Wrighty

Poster Extraordinaire
I'm a carpenter and a few years ago I did some work for an angry, wealthy ex-wife who offered me her husband's 60's Precision bass and Telecaster towards the cost of the work, about $350AU.
Sheesh, for a moment I had a huge devil on one shoulder and a very tiny angel on the other.
But no, I couldn't do that to another person. I know how I'd have felt if my ex had done that to me!
I considered jacking up the price just to spite her, but then maybe her ex was still paying the bill. So I left with my dignity intact.
Oh, and the Fenders were real beauties too.:cry:

Shortly after there was an ad on reverb. Some or other plumber selling a Precision and Tele for lunch money.........

rcole_sooner

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
Nuge's were always pointed at the cutaway. So I never know how they are supposed to look.

GIBSONBYRDLAND_02_nugent.jpg

Mouth

Tele-Afflicted
I'm guessing a Gibson made in China?

Chinese made guitars that you can get any logo put on. Gibson copies have been dubbed "chibsons'.

Could be called replicas or if passed off as real, they become counterfeit.

You can get just about any guitar.

3fngrs

Poster Extraordinaire
Nuge's were always pointed at the cutaway. So I never know how they are supposed to look.

GIBSONBYRDLAND_02_nugent.jpg

They made them both ways. The only Byrdland I've ever had the opportunity to play had a venetian cutaway. A Byrdland with a Florentine cutaway is probably my #1 grail guitar.

fretWalkr

Tele-Holic
Too ggod to be true. Tailpiece is not a byrdland tailpiece and there's not floating bridge. Its pac rim knockoff.

Last edited:

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
There's a set of PXG golf irons on the local CL, it's almost a certainty that they are fake by their pricing. Golf clubs have become so expensive that Taylormade driver fakes are so good it's hard to tell just by looking at them, but if you study them long enough, you see that they are. As soon as you hit a fake though, you know. PXG is an American company who make their own clubs and they are very, very expensive around two grand for a basic set of irons.

Many years ago, when the Ping Eye 2 clubs came out, I fell for the hype, and bought a set around $700 bucks for just a set of irons. Bear in mind this was nearly thirty years ago. I played a few rounds with them, and realized they weren't for me, and was lucky enough to unload them at a minimal loss because at the time they were hard to get.

I was always able to put backspin on the ball and stop it with a wedge. With the Ping Eye 2 sand wedge with square grooves, I could spin the ball back thirty feet! I could see no need for that. The pro I ordered them from told me, TD you aren't going to like them. He was right. I learned a lesson though I buy ALL of the stuff I play used now.