Man I REALLY Like TDPRI!

JL_LI

Poster Extraordinaire
¡Bueno!™

Gosh I made the mistake of getting involved with another forum. What a bummer! I made one innocent comment and was just hammered...piled on by numerous members. Tried to explain myself and just kept getting worse. I tried to include something about the topic but other guys just hammered away about a mis spelled word or definition. Total attacks!

I really want to thank the TDPRI member and moderators for making this forum such cool place to be. I spend a lot of time alone and it's great to be able to slide in here and interact with a bunch of you guys!

I can't even think of one member who bugs me! Everyone has been super cool 100% of the time!

I hope this continues. The one I just left used to be a pre eminent forum for its topic but now is just a bunch of adolescents running amok!
Get banned. It’ll temper your enthusiasm. I’m still here though. They can’t get rid of me so easily.

Kandinskyesque

Tele-Holic
I don't use any other 'social media' other than WhatsApp for some family stuff and a few groups connected with old unhelpful habits.
Even with the latter, I tend to temper my frequency with my larger family group, it's a bit of a minefield, but the one with the Mrs and my kids is a happy place because there's a daily video of my grandkid's antics.

I only joined here at the end of last year, along with a few other guitar/gear forums (lurking for years) because I had some questions to post. Every forum with the exception of here have been pretty condescending, dismissive and hostile places most of the time.
The result is half a dozen posts maximum on the other places and this is my 499th post here.

Here (the BDC in particular) you're allowed to be interested in stuff without 'comic book guy' faux boredom replies. I've also witnessed some of the better aspects of human nature with the support given to some folks going through hard times.
The absence of potentially contentious subjects helps too (thanks mods).

This place isn't really 'social media' for me, it's more 'civil media'.

jimmywrangles

Tele-Holic
By the way, should I buy picks that match the color of my pickguard?
Yes, yes you should buy picks that match your pickguard, lots of them.
Although I prefer to buy guitars that match my picks but whatever floats your boat.

Last edited:

mexicanyella

Friend of Leo's
I agree with the OP. I have a pretty solitary lifestyle too and this place goes a fair piece towards offsetting that with some appreciated interaction. It’s nice to read that a lot of members recognize and value it for that too.

Wound_Up

Tele-Holic
Don't go to Yellowbullet is all ill say.

That used to be the worst forum on the internet. Now it's just a washed up forum full of racist has-beens that think they're professional drag racers.

And a word of advice: if you own a forum, don't ever sell it to Vertical Scope or whatever their name is now. They've destroyed 10s of forums since they've taken them over. We're talking forums that had 50k active members now have 10 or 20 visitors per day. All because of how VS destroyed the forums with ads everywhere and then destroyed the forums by trying to update everything, only to have half the website fail to work afterwards.

Forget the fact that you can never reach anyone at Vertical Scope when help is needed.

Seriously. You can go look at all of their forums. They buy popular forums and then decimate their membership by ruining the forums with garbage. It happens at every forum they buy. It goes having hundreds of posts per day to subforums that haven't been posted to in months.

esseff

Friend of Leo's
I was on two amp sites, which were unfriendly to newcomers and one sister guitar forum that had the clique attack me within a few days of joining. I couldn't even make a clean break because the mods ignored my request to leave. Maybe it was like nailing a corpse to the fence as an example to other creatures intruding on their territory.
TDPRI is by the far the best website of any type I've been on.

koen

Friend of Leo's
Haha now I am tempted to go check out one of the other sites and see what happens.

OmegaWoods

Tele-Afflicted
This is the only website I've ever been on where I haven't been called an idiot. Nice to be with peers.
Maybe this is where the village idiots hang out together...

I'm kidding, of course, you guys are some of the best friends I have. Tele people are grounded people. It's like a virtual neighborhood bar where everybody knows your screen name without the risk of a DUI.

StratDal

Tele-Afflicted
More or less, I’ve always had fun visiting and participating here. To good times!

sax4blues

Poster Extraordinaire
Tried to explain myself and just kept getting worse. I tried to include something about the topic but other guys just hammered away about a mis spelled word or definition. Total attacks!
I’ve said plenty which people don’t like and they say so. I just stop, drop, and roll away, there’s no explanation on the internet which will bring people around.

grandstick

Tele-Holic
I am reminded of this every time I visit several other forums each day. I see the amount of flame throwing that goes on, regardless of what topic is being discussed.

As much as I like to learn and share, I find that my comments need to be as varnished and plain vanilla as possible, so as to fly under the layer of rocks and Molotov cocktails that always seem to be flying over any topic.

TDPRI is sort of my happy place on the internet.

Last edited:

johnnylaw

Friend of Leo's
I’ve enjoyed you folks since the before times; the last two years have raised even that bar.
Cheers…