Man I REALLY Like TDPRI!

mindlobster

Tele-Afflicted
Yeah, it's great here. What I see elsewhere, like on certain Facebook groups, is where wannabe leaders or gurus get over protective of their turf, and newcomers fall foul of them, either through not knowing enough, or even through knowing too much.

bgmacaw

Poster Extraordinaire
kingofthehill00.gif

ponycar

Tele-Meister
It seems there is a smaller percentage of "internet genius syndrome" among telecaster forum members. Often questions that might be called stupid on other forums are by sincere folks learning the basics. I am very knowledgeable on some fabrication skills etc yet there are those on this forum that can teach me so much more and are willing to graciously share.

Buell

Tele-Meister
This is the only "social media" site I check into almost daily. The amount of knowledge the other members have has served me well. And the "trolling" is hilarious. I guess it's true, guitarists have higher IQs than bassists and drummers. :)

StoneH

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
Props to the folks who have been here for a decade or more. I thought it was kind of cool that members were posting about the same stuff we talked about while hanging out at the music store before computers, and the internet, and cell phone, (and almost before SS amps). In just 6 months, I've seen certain topics repeat multiple times. It's funny when a thread from 2004 gets revived and there is no loss of continuity except the date at the top of the post.

By the way, should I buy picks that match the color of my pickguard?

DanglingNutslots

Tele-Meister
¡Bueno!™

Gosh I made the mistake of getting involved with another forum. What a bummer! I made one innocent comment and was just hammered...piled on by numerous members. Tried to explain myself and just kept getting worse. I tried to include something about the topic but other guys just hammered away about a mis spelled word or definition. Total attacks!

I really want to thank the TDPRI member and moderators for making this forum such cool place to be. I spend a lot of time alone and it's great to be able to slide in here and interact with a bunch of you guys!

I can't even think of one member who bugs me! Everyone has been super cool 100% of the time!

I hope this continues. The one I just left used to be a pre eminent forum for its topic but now is just a bunch of adolescents running amok!
Well said but that type of behaviour can happen on any forum. It's worse on the larger ones as there's more trolls to pile on top of your comments. I find the smaller forums much more relaxing and enjoyable.

Chester P Squier

Friend of Leo's
This is the only "social media" site I check into almost daily. The amount of knowledge the other members have has served me well. And the "trolling" is hilarious. I guess it's true, guitarists have higher IQs than bassists and drummers. :)
I don't consider the TDPRI "social media."

It's too civil. Too well-run.

Texicaster

Friend of Leo's
Ad Free Member
Does it rhyme with the spear stage?

Nope!

That flew the coop years ago....As per TDPRI policies I won't call out the other forum.

This is mostly about how much I appreciate this forum. I've been here for maybe 3 years and can't recall one instance of being harshly criticized or hassled by packs of members.

I was thinking some moderators jump in a bit too soon but I have come to see the wisdom and we benefit from their experience sniffing out trouble before it goes nuts. If here this experience would have closed the thread quickly and if noticed after the fact LOTS of "vacations" and bans.

It's amazing how online interactions can bring out the latent 8 year old in a LOT of people!

Telekarster

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
This is a thinly disguised therapy group for GAS sufferers. If you mention you saw a certain guitar or amp or pedal and you're thinking about getting it, your fellow addicts pile on the encouragement. Misery does indeed love company. But I've found a lot of good advice from experienced people who really care about helping you out. Can't think of a nicer place to waste ... er, spend some time.

ROTFLMAO!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: Very well put! GAS.... there is no known cure ;)

radiocaster

Poster Extraordinaire
The technical amp info makes this probably the best amp forum.

However, I'm pretty burnt out, in particular from threads like: "I don't know how to solder, but I want to built a three channel amp that can also detect microwave radiation from distant galaxies." or "Which is better, Princeton Reverb or Deluxe Reverb?" or "What is the best guitar model?".