Man! Amp prices

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by swervinbob, Sep 11, 2021.

1. kbold

kbold Friend of Leo's

Wages?

2. ping-ping-clicka

ping-ping-clicka Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

Stantheman, well it's true things do go from bad to worse sometimes, and after that, they get worser and worser than before that.
    So are you hungry, lonely of tired? Have a Samich ,a glass of milk, take a nap, when you wake up you'll see things just a little bit, mmmm
    in a brighter light.
    Living in todays modern world, satellites spinnin' round watchin' everything and everybody the secret squirrel society is checkin' on the color of your unner ware and your toilet roll, but hey, don't worry about that, that's tomorrow.
    zzz daria-20th-anniversary.jpg

swervinbob likes this.
  3. ping-ping-clicka

this device burns methane and sulfur .

00 BIKE 1.jpg

swervinbob likes this.
  4. ping-ping-clicka

the hole thing of having to have an amp to play through is the way things developed since Leo's time. It's time for the next break through
    A box that has amp simulation, fx's you know the works, blue twoff.

https://neuraldsp.com/plugins

swervinbob likes this.
  5. dreamingtele

dreamingtele Friend of Leo's

I just went the other route. Ive been buying kingsley preamps instead.

swervinbob likes this.
  6. DougM

DougM Poster Extraordinaire

I don't know about elshwere, but in the US, wages haven't kept up with inflation since the 70s, and it actually keeps getting worse. The way they keep us from revolting is by manipulating and brainwashing us into accepting and expecting ever lower prices on cheap disposable goods made overseas by slave labor. That way they maximise profits by producing everything offshore and by keeping the wages of the few employees they have to keep here as low as possible. And, if those employees here try to organize a union or demand a living wage or good benefits, they just threaten to send those jobs offshore too. It's the Amazon/Walmart business model. From what I know about other first world countries like Canada, Japan, western Europe, New Zealand, and Australia, prices and taxes are higher in those places than here, but wages and benefits are also a lot better, and heathcare costs, which are strangling us here, are much cheaper or even free in many places, resulting in an overall better standard of lving than we have here.
    According to data from the Social Security Administration's numbers from 2019, here's the breakdown of wages in the US-
    46% earn less than $30,000 a year, 21% earn between $30,000 and $50,000, 22% earn between $50,000 and $100,000, 9% earn between $100,000 and $250,000, 1.4% earn between $250,000 and $1,000,000, and .009% earn over $1,000,000. So, nearly half earn less than $30,000.

drmordo, Wally, Telecaster88 and 11 others like this.
  7. Thin white duke

Thin white duke Friend of Leo's

I'm so happy to play straight into P.A. almost always....:D:D:D

8. Tele T

Tele T Tele-Meister

Roland Cube is all you need...:cool:

swervinbob and Chiogtr4x like this.
  9. Telepi

Telepi Friend of Leo's

I saw that too at Guitar Center too. It's not the Alnico Blue either. They raised that one to $1,299, just to show a "reduced" price of $914. was a bit taken back and checked Sweetwater. It's still $699 there. It's either a mistake at GC, or they are futzing with their prices. They raised the price on the AC10 to $649. Now their GC exclusive Creamback editions are priced less, and they used to charge $100 more for them. I think they are seeing what the market will bear. chrome_screenshot_1631790405524.png

swervinbob likes this.
  10. ndcaster

ndcaster Doctor of Teleocity

I bought my big amps before the internet.

The internet eliminated the surprise finds and steals.

swervinbob and Tim S like this.
  11. Phrygian77

Phrygian77 Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

Except in 1965 the Princeton Reverb, Deluxe Reverb, and Bandmaster were build to last at least 56 years.

12. Chiogtr4x

Chiogtr4x Doctor of Teleocity

I'm getting ready to ( maybe) buy my 3rd, a used Cube 30X for $120 on CL ( bet I can get for less)

I have a used Cube 20X, and LOVE my new Micro Cube
    * just like the way controls are laid out, features, sound

drmordo, swervinbob and Axegrinder77 like this.
  13. JL_LI

JL_LI Poster Extraordinaire

The best thing about retirement is that I have everything I need and more than I ever expected to have. My amp will last at least as long as I will. Guitars never die. Inflation is a concern but we’ll manage. Food? My doc told me to eat less. Clothing? I’ll never wear all I have out. Taxes? Shift the burden onto someone else’s shoulders. Heat? If worse comes to worse, burn the furniture. Guitars and amps are my smallest concern.

14. Paul G.

Paul G. Friend of Leo's

Entirely market driven. Enough people gripe about an $800 amp to make it necessary to mass produce ok quality, difficult to maintain, difficult to repair amps. There are quality amps being made, but anybody who can't or won't pay $800 isn't gonna look at $2000-$4000 models.

15. swervinbob

swervinbob Friend of Leo's

I’ve been away for a few days. Sweetwater was the only place that hadn’t raised the prices on Vox amps. But they were also out of a lot of stock. I bet when the new stock hits, they’ll raise prices. It’s not the retailers, it’s the manufacturer raising the price. I still haven’t started my new job. As soon as I do, I’ll figure something out. I like having a Vox around because they sit in a mix so well. Even doing hard rock.

Telecaster88 likes this.
  16. carpenter

carpenter Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

I do love my Vox.

swervinbob likes this.
  17. Sconnie

Sconnie Tele-Afflicted

Hah, find a friend who's into bicycles and talk prices with them. You'll praise guitar as an affordable hobby, because it is, even today.

Skip the amps for now and invest in a new guitar, those require even less maintenance and only get better with age. Even a brand new Les Paul Standard is downright affordable if you have it for the rest of your life.

Also, now might be the time to build your own amp clone?

Telecaster88, swervinbob and MilwMark like this.
  18. swervinbob

swervinbob Friend of Leo's

Trust me, I know all about the bicycle hobby. I’ve got four right now. Three cost over $1000 with one being around $2000. And those were on the lower end of the product lines. I’ve got to watch myself. I could easily get to the $10,000 range if I’m not careful.

Sconnie likes this.
  19. Uncle Daddy

Uncle Daddy Tele-Afflicted

Trying to sell a clone amp is almost impossible, no matter how well it might be nailed together.

swervinbob likes this.
  20. GAS Giant

GAS Giant Tele-Meister

If a Honda CRV is $39,000 then I know the market has gone crazy...

Rmccamey, Telecaster88 and swervinbob like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.