Making beer butt chicken again for turkey day. I guess it's become our family tradition

Killing Floor

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
I got your back. I started frying a little chicken to go with the turkey because I didn’t want to be the guy that ruined thanksgiving by not having turkey. It took about 2 minutes before all the chicken was gone and everyone had to eat the turkey. Now I only get turkey when my mom comes.
Thighs in buttermilk with Cholula.
Will be about 30 hours by the time they hit the oil.
upload_2021-11-24_14-13-14.jpeg

Fretting out

Doctor of Teleocity
Platinum Supporter
I got your back. I started frying a little chicken to go with the turkey because I didn’t want to be the guy that ruined thanksgiving by not having turkey. It took about 2 minutes before all the chicken was gone and everyone had to eat the turkey. Now I only get turkey when my mom comes.
Thighs in buttermilk with Cholula.
Will be about 30 hours by the time they hit the oil.
View attachment 922838

That’s just un un un.....well.... it just ain’t right

To not like turkey....

The humanity!

Killing Floor

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
That’s just un un un.....well.... it just ain’t right

To not like turkey....

The humanity!
I like a good turkey sandwich as much as anyone. But how many times in a year do you broil a turkey? You can get one year round. So why just once a year? Just food for thought. I still do every other part of traditional meal.

Fretting out

Doctor of Teleocity
Platinum Supporter
I like a good turkey sandwich as much as anyone. But how many times in a year do you broil a turkey? You can get one year round. So why just once a year? Just food for thought. I still do every other part of traditional meal.

You’ve inspired me

Maybe I’ll start deep frying one every couple months

Hopefully this year I won’t get the turkey delirium, it was so bad last year I posted a short story about it

Man it was harrowing

The turkey had its revenge!

Killing Floor

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
You’ve inspired me

Maybe I’ll start deep frying one every couple months

Hopefully this year I won’t get the turkey delirium, it was so bad last year I posted a short story about it

Man it was harrowing

The turkey had its revenge!
Don’t worry, the pumpkin pie just came out of the oven. I’m even making that weird green bean stuff with the “onions”. That’s definitely a once per year thing.

Whatizitman

Poster Extraordinaire
Fried turkey is good. Or smoked. But turkey in general is just not that good. The reason deli slices are edible is all the nitrites and crap in it. Turkey without significant injection is just a gamey bird. Gimme chicken.

fjblair

Tele-Afflicted
I love turkey. Chicken is so played out. Chicken here, chicken there, chicken everywhere.

Honest to God southern fried chicken excepted.

61fury

Friend of Leo's
I love chicken, eat it three times a week. But chicken is just chicken, don't let it dry out. I've done beer can chicken, it's just fine.
Just don't let it dry out.;)

getbent

Telefied
Gold Supporter
love beer can chicken. love all manner of turkey too! We picked up a turkey 2 days ago, plenty to be had, I have roasted, deep fried and smoked turkey, all have a wonderful result....

Whatizitman

Poster Extraordinaire
Oh man it was good. Never had white meat that moist when I cooked. Perfect. Not overcooking is crucial, of course. But I wonder if it was injected. I didn’t read the fine print on this one. Family was very satisfied.